Author Topic: MusicBee saving synced music in installation directory  (Read 2075 times)

Speaker4thaDead

Hello,

I'm messing around with my MusicBee backup settings and I noticed that MusicBee is saving 32 GB of music that I synced to my phone in
~Programs\MusicBee\<device name>

Is there a good reason it is doing this, and can I make it stop? It's making my backup directory much larger than it needs to be as far as I can tell.

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hello,

I'm messing around with my MusicBee backup settings and I noticed that MusicBee is saving 32 GB of music that I synced to my phone in
~Programs\MusicBee\<device name>

Is there a good reason it is doing this, and can I make it stop? It's making my backup directory much larger than it needs to be as far as I can tell.

Thanks

This has happened to me, too.  What version are you using?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Speaker4thaDead

Version 2.4.5404

The only good reason I can think that it would save a copy of the music is if I was doing on-the-fly conversion to a lower bitrate while syncing, but I just checked my device settings and I am not.

I'm considering deleting the copied files and seeing what happens.

p.s. I can't get over how much I love musicbee, every time I go to do something file related like remapping music folders there is a built in tool to do it.

Steven

• Administrator

Speaker4thaDead

Which is strange because I have "check for updates on startup" checked

Updating and checking to see if this still happens in the newest version now.

Speaker4thaDead

After updating to Version 3.0.5929 and running sync again it looks like MusicBee is no longer saving a copy of the synced music in the install directory, so looks like problem solved.