Author Topic: MusicBee saving synced music in installation directory  (Read 2075 times)

Speaker4thaDead

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Hello,

I'm messing around with my MusicBee backup settings and I noticed that MusicBee is saving 32 GB of music that I synced to my phone in
~Programs\MusicBee\<device name>

Is there a good reason it is doing this, and can I make it stop? It's making my backup directory much larger than it needs to be as far as I can tell.

Thanks

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10713
Hello,

I'm messing around with my MusicBee backup settings and I noticed that MusicBee is saving 32 GB of music that I synced to my phone in
~Programs\MusicBee\<device name>

Is there a good reason it is doing this, and can I make it stop? It's making my backup directory much larger than it needs to be as far as I can tell.

Thanks

This has happened to me, too.  What version are you using?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Speaker4thaDead

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Version 2.4.5404

The only good reason I can think that it would save a copy of the music is if I was doing on-the-fly conversion to a lower bitrate while syncing, but I just checked my device settings and I am not.

I'm considering deleting the copied files and seeing what happens.



p.s. I can't get over how much I love musicbee, every time I go to do something file related like remapping music folders there is a built in tool to do it.


Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34416

Speaker4thaDead

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Which is strange because I have "check for updates on startup" checked

Updating and checking to see if this still happens in the newest version now.

Speaker4thaDead

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
After updating to Version 3.0.5929 and running sync again it looks like MusicBee is no longer saving a copy of the synced music in the install directory, so looks like problem solved.