Author Topic: MB rewrites my date/time tags - Need help creating a tag to convert them back  (Read 6776 times)

sleepless

I've never done that before. What tags need to be added to the text file other than <episode date>? How does mp3tag know which tags belong to which track?

BTW, I tried changing the windows date format to yyyy-mm-dd (the same as the <episode date> tags), but it didn't seem to make a difference. MB still converts the tags to dd/mm/yyyy.

redwing

I've never done that before. What tags need to be added to the text file other than <episode date>? How does mp3tag know which tags belong to which track?

http://help.mp3tag.de/options_format.html#textfile

Try with small test files first.

BTW, I tried changing the windows date format to yyyy-mm-dd (the same as the <episode date> tags), but it didn't seem to make a difference. MB still converts the tags to dd/mm/yyyy.

Do you mean episode tag? Try downloading a new one.

sleepless

Yep, I downloaded an episode and the <episode date> is now in the format I wanted. Thanks!

I figured out how to import tags using a text file - for a single field (ex. <episode date>). However, multiple fields is prooving difficult to figure out. Mp3tag can't tell where one field ends and another begins.

theta_wave

Yep, I downloaded an episode and the <episode date> is now in the format I wanted. Thanks!

I figured out how to import tags using a text file - for a single field (ex. <episode date>). However, multiple fields is prooving difficult to figure out. Mp3tag can't tell where one field ends and another begins.
mp3tag can easily import multiple fields from a text file so long as they are not multiline (tbh, I haven't tried multiline import in years; they may have enabled it).  All you need is a delimiter.

For example:

Export configuration
Code
$filename(txt,utf-8)$loop(%_path%)%track%|%artist%|%albumartist%|%composer%|%conductor%|%album%|%title%|%year%|%genre%|%PUBLISHER%|%CATALOG#%|%RATING%|%CUSTOM1%|%CUSTOM2%|%CUSTOM3%|%CUSTOM4%|%CUSTOM5%
$loopend()

Text file to tag format string
Code
%track%|%artist%|%albumartist%|%composer%|%conductor%|%album%|%title%|%year%|%genre%|%PUBLISHER%|%CATALOG#%|%RATING%|%CUSTOM1%|%CUSTOM2%|%CUSTOM3%|%CUSTOM4%|%CUSTOM5%

redwing

For converting the existing episode date, try this: $Date(<Episode Date>,u)
Thanks redwing. That worked like a charm! That converts to yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ssZ, which means only the "T" between the date and time is missing (yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ). I don't think that will be a problem.

This will add "T" in the middle and "Z" at the end.

$Date(<Episode Date>,s)Z

For more info, consult this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az4se3k1%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

sleepless

Well I appreciate all your help with this, but I'm officially accepting defeat. I managed to change the way MB writes the date by changing those settings in windows, but I'm not willing to change the time settings as well, which is what I would be forced to do. Unfortunately I'm no expert in writing code and scripts and all the info I find on the subjects seems intended for those who already know what they're doing. Plus I'd still be constantly manually editing the tags. I hope one day Steven will see the value in allowing us to control how our date tags are written. The issue has already been voiced in the past, so I'm finished with this now.