Author Topic: "Replace artist tag with sort-artist" not working  (Read 2736 times)

szeiger

I"m trying to sync my music to a USB stick with the artist in every file replaced by the album artist but I can't get the "replace artist tag with sort-artist" function to work at all. I tried setting the "Sort Artist" custom field to "Album Artist Sort-Order" under Preferences -> Tags(1). This shows me the correct tag value in the tag editor. I also tried "Save to MusicBee database only" and then tagging the files explicitly. This also works and it shows the correct tag value in the tag editor, but in both cases the synced files still have the original artist. Even if I have them transcoded from AAC to MP3, the resulting files still get the original artist value. I tried rescanning the library and deleting and recreating the target files but it does not make any difference.

According to http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1224.0 I would have expected both scenarios to work. I also tried naming the custom tag "artist-sort order" and "sort-artist", with the same results.