Author Topic: The source file for track '...' could not be found.Would you like to locate it?  (Read 2193 times)

dcteal

I'm receiving this error on a number of mp3 files - The source file for track '...' could not be found.  Would you like to locate it?

If I select 'yes' to locate the file, it returns an error that the file does not exist.  I also noticed that the file path includes some strange info that I don't know where its getting this info (i.e. THV9D5~W\TS2DYY~B\)

File\\PLANET-TEAL\Media\Music\AQS\T\THV9D5~W\TS2DYY~B\The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Don't Mess With A Big Band Live! (Disc 1) - 02 - Drive Like Lightening (Crash Like Thunder).mp3

Is there a filename length restriction?

More information...  I have approximately 112,000 files and only about 50 files are having this issue.

boroda

dcteal

The strange thing is this didn't start happening until I moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  The music files have not been changed.

Steven

• Administrator
just a FYI, one of the first things i am planning to do with MB v3.1 is put in handling for long filenames which with windows is not so straight-forward unfortunately
Thats still some months away though