Author Topic: Different views for different playlist and filters.  (Read 3764 times)

sleepless

In the wikia it states: " Filters will use the Music view, unless they are explicitly configured with a different view in their settings. Auto-Playlists retain their own views; Static Playlists all share the same view by default but can be configured to have different views."

Is this still possible when navigating within a tab? The different views are remembered when switching between music, audiobooks, playlist etc.., but any time I change a playlist view, they all change (auto and static). Same with filters. What am I missing?

h0m3r

if I understand you correctly.
You can set the view for each Playlist / AutoPlaylist here.
display using view - Try this.

-edit AutoPlaylist

if you then change the view for this playlist again, it remembers that also.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:11:37 PM by h0m3r

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Auto-playlists set to Default view (as in the screenshot) SHOULD remember their own settings separately, so if they're not that's a bug.  Filters can be individually configured to use a specific type of view or a custom view, if you prefer.  Static playlists can either be set to "custom fields for this playlist only" or configured like filters.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:19:39 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

Auto-playlists set to Default view (as in the screenshot) SHOULD remember their own settings separately, so if they're not that's a bug.  Filters can be individually configured to use a specific type of view or a custom view, if you prefer.  Static playlists can either be set to "custom fields for this playlist only" or configured like filters.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that if one changes the default view elsewhere, playlists set to default view will reflect this change.  That has been the case with my experience.  I have different saved views for different playlists.  For example, my AT_Default saved view probably is the view for 90% of my playlists.  For my tag editing playlists I set them to default view (track details or art and track details) because I'm constantly changing which fields are displayed given what editing job is at hand.

redwing

This is what I wrote on auto-playlists:

Then what about auto-playlists that have by default no selectable "displayed fields" option? All new auto-playlists are treated just the same as default-fields static playlists, affected by any changes made on the default column set. But once its columns (even one column's width) are manually adjusted, it becomes a custom-fields playlist that keeps its own column set. But note that you can't make any changes on the default column set by adjusting columns of default-fields auto-playlists.

So default-view playlists and defaut-fields playlists are not the same. Default-view playlists follow default fields, if there's been no adjustments. But a slight (manual) change in a column's width will make the default-view auto-playlist remember its own column set. How can you tell this? Look into the auto-playlist using a text editor. Non-default-fields auto-playlist gets a <Fields> section to retain its own column setting.

sleepless

I think I got it, thanks. I had a question about sorting as it relates to views, but figured it out through trial and error. Now that I'm finally starting to understand how all the views/group/sort options work, things are really starting to come together.

**I do always try to find info on the wiki first, but if my questions start to get annoying, just reply with a >:( and I'll get the hint.
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:50:34 AM by sleepless