Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 204994 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Download this link for the visualiser zip file:
https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/MilkDropVisualiser.zip

unzip and copy the files to the MusicBee Plugins folder
you should end up with
c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\vis_milk2.dll
c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\Milkdrop2\...
c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\...

when you start MusicBee you should see MilkDrop 2.2 in the list of visualisers
in my own testing, i did have rare cases where the MilkDrop visualiser failed with a "out of memory" error for no apparent reason. You need to restart MusicBee and all should be OK again

Some users may need to update their DirectX 9.0 runtimes:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 03:02:23 AM by Steven

ild2

enabling the "desktop mode" in milkdrop kind of breaks musicbee (mb window does not restore from minimized state properly)

full screen mode in milkdrop also doesn't seem to work and chaning back to window mode leaves a fake winamp-window behind but the musicbee window doesn't get redrawn properly. trying to switch to fullscreen and back one more time crashed musicbee for me.
Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:17:25 PM by ild2

Steven

• Administrator

Maleko12

Unfortunately, I also have to concur with ild2. Tried using "desktop mode" and the only way to get out of the mode is to uncheck "Show Visualizer". If you check "Show Visualizer" again, MB becomes unusable and crashes. However, if you don't use either of those modes, Milkdrop works wonderfully.

john6555

I see the same results when switching to desktop mode. Once you manage to get out of desktop mode, the visualizer throws the out of memory error.

I am on a Windows 7 x64 laptop and I had to install the latest DirectX 9.0 runtimes. Before I did, Milkdrop2 crashed with an "update your graphics driver" error message.
I would guess many other Windows 7 (at least) users might need the same:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

Steven

• Administrator
doing a quick google search it seems milkdrop has problems with win7 desktop mode which can be resolved by setting a single background picture. I wont have access to a window7 machine today to try out to confirm. Info here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=310490

Maleko12

I just recently set my background to just a single background picture before I installed the Milkdrop visualizer. Having a single background picture still causes the issues I'm afraid :(

Londinium

Hi,

Milkdrop is fully functional in windowed mode but in full screen it's all black and if I try to return to MB (double-click anywhere on the screen or ESC), MB crashes with no reason.
I tried to install the DirectX fix but it won't install on my machine...

VoilĂ  :)

gloveofpower

I just gotta say this is awesome.  Milkdrop is my favorite visualizer by a longshot.  Very happy the MB supports it!  ;D

thebigham

It doesnt work for me, it says unable to read the data file:milkdrop2\data\include.fx
I have Windows 7 64bit with most recent DirectX 9.0 runtimes and display drivers  ??? .

LaurenceGough

Hi,

Milkdrop is fully functional in windowed mode but in full screen it's all black and if I try to return to MB (double-click anywhere on the screen or ESC), MB crashes with no reason.
I tried to install the DirectX fix but it won't install on my machine...

VoilĂ  :)

Hi,

First all thank you for making this great player even better by adding support for this Visualiser but I get the same problem as above with the latest Direct X installed on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Laurence

Steven

• Administrator
desktop mode and full screen mode doesnt work. I dont think there will be a resolution any time soon

LaurenceGough

Ok thank you Steven :).

Just out of curiosity do you use visualisers at all?

Steven

• Administrator
i've updated the milkdrop visualiser to use more recent visualisation presets

instructions are in the first post

but if you previously installed this visualiser then do the following:
rename Plugins\Milkdrop2 to Plugins\Milkdrop2.old
then you only need to extract the Plugins\Milkdrop2 folder from the zip (all other files are the same)