Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 204943 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
So by adding:
D3DCompiler_47.dll
D3DX9_43.dll

to the MusicBee/Plugins folder as part of the milkdrop visualiser install suffices to get it running without doing the full DX9 install?

in my SysWOW64 folder, D3DCompiler_47.dll is dated 15-Sep-2018, and D3DX9_43.dll is dated 26-May-2010. Are those the same as for yourselves?
Afirmative..
 Both present in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" as well, as Windows/Systme32 folders 'd3dx9_31.dll' created in 2006 and 'd3dx9_42.dll' in 2009.

Not done the runtimes update, and Milkdrop working good after ONLY adding both dll's to Musicbee/Plugins folder.

redwing

Alternative..
Mine are both present in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" as well, d3dx9_31.dll created in 2006 and d3dx9_42.dll in 2009.

Not done the runtimes update, and Milkdrop working good afer ONLY adding both dll's to Musicbee/Plugins folder.

I think your machine already got DirectX 9 installed, judging from the files you already have in those folders.
To make sure, you can run "dxdiag" from Windows Search bar, and check installed DirectX versions.

sveakul

in my SysWOW64 folder, D3DCompiler_47.dll is dated 15-Sep-2018, and D3DX9_43.dll is dated 26-May-2010. Are those the same as for yourselves?

@Steven:  the d3dx9_43.dll from the Microsoft "full install" runtime package is dated 5/26/2010 and is 1,998,168 bytes;  the D3DCompiler_47.dll from Windows 7 SP1 System32 folder is dated 4/27/2017 and is 3,550,208 bytes.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I think your machine already got DirectX 9 installed, judging from the files you already have in those folders.

That is correct, or at least the DX9 components,  entering 'dxdiag' into the RUN dialog box, confirms DX12 is currently installed.

redwing

Does that list DirectX 9 too?
See Display> Drivers> Feature Levels.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

If that was for me, I can do more checks tommorow, hope thats ok.

redwing

Ignore my previous post. Feature levels are not the same as DirectX versions.
The tool doesn't seem to show all installed DirectX versions.

Amethyst

Hey! I absolutely love that this is a thing, since the visualisations were THE thing that originally moved me from WMP to Winamp years ago.

MilkDrop's working technically in MB for me, but I'm having an issue where it's not fully reacting to music. I'm not too sure what the issue is, and I've poked about in MB's settings, toggling this and that on/off without any result.
I tested in Winamp as well and it was working totally fine in that.

This is what a song looks like in MB

At the same time, same preset, but in Winamp
Most of the time MB's only filling half of the bar, with it now and then spiking up further, and the actual movements themselves aren't too pronounced.

I think there was a mention of something like this a while back on this thread but the picture it linked to was gone and it wasn't too clear to me what they did to fix it. My audio device itself doesn't appear to be the issue (for one Winamp would have the same problem) as I've tried with both my surround sound headset (via USB) and my stereo speakers (via motherboard's audio port)
Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Thanks!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

MilkDrop's working technically in MB for me, but I'm having an issue where it's not fully reacting to music. I'm not too sure what the issue is, and I've poked about in MB's settings, toggling this and that on/off without any result.

I don't think there are any settings to tweak specifically for Milkdrop within MB,  but checkout these posts about adding the milk2.ini file...if you've not already done that!

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1796.msg160608#msg160608
Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 09:32:05 AM by Freddy Barker

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using ASIO or WASAPI (Exclusive) try using WASAPI (Shared) to see if that makes any difference

Amethyst

I don't think there are any settings to tweak specifically for Milkdrop within MB,  but checkout these posts about adding the milk2.ini file...if you've not already done that!

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1796.msg160608#msg160608

I did fiddle with that a little bit but without any actual changes. I'm not really sure what settings in there to even tweak, and the ones I can figure out don't seem too relevant.  :(
if you are using ASIO or WASAPI (Exclusive) try using WASAPI (Shared) to see if that makes any difference

I have it on WASAPI (Shared). I don't have whatever ASIO wants for me to try than, DirectSound didn't help but WASAPI (Exclusive) did partially fix the issue, though not fully. For some reason it was reacting to the actual volume the song was being played at with that one as well.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Milkdrop Visualization fans..

Zylot - The Complete Collection of 250 (Remastered, Retouched, Redone)

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=452812

musicbee4dwd

I'm using a 6 year old laptop with Windows 10, all updated, with the integrated Intel 4000 graphics chip, also updated driver.

I put the Milkdrop folder into the Plugins folder, and then (and this is where I think I screwed up) I added the dll file using MB's "add visualizer" option. I've since removed the Milkdrop folder and tried to redo it, but no luck. The path is wrong in the second image because I initially set the MD folder into the plugins folder, but I put the MD folder in both plugin and root directory locations just to make sure MB would find it.

I also noticed after dropping the visualizer plugin  "Old Sonique" into the MB plugin directory, (I restarted MB), MusicBee isn't seeing it when I go to View>Visualizations. It's not there.

FusionFist

This is how I got it working from scratch.

I have a portable SSD to where I installed my Music Bee Portable Version.

On My main Windows 10 PC I ran into all the problems getting Milkdrop to work but eventually with a lot of copying and pasting and back and forth it all now works. What is curious is that when I plugged my external SSD into a different Windows10 Laptop, milkdrop ran first time. This leads me to believe only the 3 files are needed to be copied to the Plugins directory. I also copied the script posted on the previous page into milkdrop2.ini file but not tried without it.

I ran the Directx web installer and copied over the 3 files (D3DX9_31.dll, D3XD9_43.dll & D3DCompiler_47.dll from my syswow64 folder to my MusicBee/Plugins folder. I believe these versions are correct and resolved milkdrop not starting as I had previously downloaded those files from random sites. I suggest checking those .dlls are exactly the right version and you should be able to start MilkDrop without the Directx Message or the Graphics Driver message. (I've had both errors on my journey to get it working!) Finally if it throws up a message about any missing files from /data then check your Data folder is in MusicBee/Plugins/Milkdrop2/Data. Hope this post helps someone somewhere. I set up an account just to share this info!