Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 204959 times)

fryerlawrence

I am getting this error message.  I have a brand new $1,200.00 computer with Brand new Nvidia graphics card.  I updated the graphics card, but still no go.  Please advise?

"Your hardware says that it supports [PSVersion=0x300], but it doesn't seem to do it properly - maybe yoru display driver is just buggy.

You might want to try updating your display driver to the latest WHQL driver from the chipset manufacturer (Nvidia, ATI, etc.)

Unable to read the data file: C:\Program files (x86)\MusicBee\plugins\milkdrop2\data\include.fx

[/img]

Thanks,

- fryer

arcendus

Just downloaded this, and am encountering a crash every time I navigate away from the Visualizer tab, then return to the Visualizer tab. So, for example, I'll launch Milkdrop from View > Start visualizer, then head back to the Music tab in order to change songs, and if I click the Visualizer tab it crashes, guaranteed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both MusicBee and Milkdrop, but the results are the same.

I love the visualizer, and all the defaults in MusicBee are laughably terrible, so this is all very disappointing, and if anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.

EDIT: I have no idea as to whether or not this is relevant, but the MusicBee skin I'm using is Dark-Metro DarkORANGE.
Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:50:08 PM by arcendus

PeteJ

Hi,
I've followed the instructions for installation but when I select Milkdrop 2.2 I just get a blank screen. Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

redwing

Did you run the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"?

redwing

Just downloaded this, and am encountering a crash every time I navigate away from the Visualizer tab, then return to the Visualizer tab. So, for example, I'll launch Milkdrop from View > Start visualizer, then head back to the Music tab in order to change songs, and if I click the Visualizer tab it crashes, guaranteed.

Does it always crash or crashes only when you return from specific tabs? If it's the latter, try changing layouts/elements in the tab, for instance a possible conflict between a visualizer element in the tab vs. the visualizer tab.

Oopy Doopy

Just downloaded this, and am encountering a crash every time I navigate away from the Visualizer tab, then return to the Visualizer tab. So, for example, I'll launch Milkdrop from View > Start visualizer, then head back to the Music tab in order to change songs, and if I click the Visualizer tab it crashes, guaranteed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both MusicBee and Milkdrop, but the results are the same.

I love the visualizer, and all the defaults in MusicBee are laughably terrible, so this is all very disappointing, and if anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.

EDIT: I have no idea as to whether or not this is relevant, but the MusicBee skin I'm using is Dark-Metro DarkORANGE.

Exact same issue for me.  Currently running a fully up to date version of Windows 10 on a Ryzen 1700 system with an RTX 2080, but the crashes happened on my older GTX 1070 as well.  My skin is PureNight blue, if that matters.

HRO

Exact same issue for me.  Currently running a fully up to date version of Windows 10 on a Ryzen 1700 system with an RTX 2080, but the crashes happened on my older GTX 1070 as well.  My skin is PureNight blue, if that matters.

Same problem on myside. We need a fix please. The visualiser is so beautiful. :(

redwing

If you guys answer these questions that posted already, it would be helpful to identify the cause of the issue.

Does it always crash or crashes only when you return from specific tabs? If it's the latter, try changing layouts/elements in the tab, for instance a possible conflict between a visualizer element in the tab vs. the visualizer tab.

PeteJ

Hi, sorry for the late repy. Yes I've downloased DirectX 9.0. I'm using a new laptop (6 weeks old) with windows 10.

redwing

when I select Milkdrop 2.2 I just get a blank screen.

Do you get any error messages when you run milkdrop?
Also try right-clicking on the screen and try other modes (desktop/full screen) to see if they work.
Try disabling all plugins (including VSTs) and other running programs to avoid any possible conflicts.

If the issue persists, can you post a screenshot of how it looks when you're playing a song on the visualizer tab?

PeteJ

Also try right-clicking on the screen and try other modes (desktop/full screen) to see if they work.
Try disabling all plugins (including VSTs) and other running programs to avoid any possible conflicts.

If the issue persists, can you post a screenshot of how it looks when you're playing a song on the visualizer tab?

Thanks, I'll have a look later on today. By the way, what are VSTs?

PeteJ

Thanks, I'll have a look later on today. By the way, what are VSTs?
Hi,
I just get a completely black screen in all modes. Other visualisers seem to work OK. Is there any way of completely removing milkdrop and reinstalling?

redwing

Is there any way of completely removing milkdrop and reinstalling?

Just remove/re-add included files and folders in the zip file and restart MB. That's all.

Also try a portable version of MB to see if that makes any differences. You could also post your laptop model, then other users of the same model might confirm the same behavior or share how to troubleshoot.

PeteJ

Hi,
My laptop is a HP 15-da0008. 15.6 Inch Celeron 4GB 1TB.

redwing

Noticed two issues that weren't present before.

- Press L to load the preset list, then arrow keys to navigate don't work. Keep pressing the keys closes visualizer tab. They used to work.
- Normal mode to Full Screen and returning work fine. But Desktop mode to Normal mode shows the following error and doesn't work properly. 

MusicBee v3.3.7065.34908 (Win10.0)

System.ArgumentException: Value of '-2147483648' is not valid for 'red'. 'red' should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255.
   at System.Drawing.Color.CheckByte(Int32 value, String name)
   at System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(Int32 alpha, Int32 red, Int32 green, Int32 blue)
   at System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(Int32 red, Int32 green, Int32 blue)
   at #=zxtWTmr_fRzcy5Xjdj9Q_8qKPoGRP.#=zQR2BJg_C3KeoKggwPu0cYko=(#=zF8_r4NB3zeml4jksWhb_LAE= #=zrW_qfLo=, Size #=z_Pk70Ys=, Color& #=z6VBZObM=, #=zF8_r4NB3zeml4jksWhb_LAE=& #=z3ixaUPJ5CEfx, Bitmap& #=z3pLgA01Tj2HjKNTr_A==, Single& #=z82MpcbBHwq7Nw8Uphw==)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zR$a8f8Q8nr6HwJKnSg==.#=zM$_V4acAeYU2Oh8SfXRcJqg=(#=zF8_r4NB3zeml4jksWhb_LAE= #=zrW_qfLo=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zR$a8f8Q8nr6HwJKnSg==.#=zK9H2J$Wr3WZpIvte8w==(#=zF8_r4NB3zeml4jksWhb_LAE= #=zrW_qfLo=, Boolean #=zcrWhf4SxcwHH3RYqsA==)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zR$a8f8Q8nr6HwJKnSg==.#=zK9H2J$Wr3WZpIvte8w==()
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zR$a8f8Q8nr6HwJKnSg==.#=zV8eaP7zBJZjk()
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zR$a8f8Q8nr6HwJKnSg==.#=zADyrZKDovaWy()
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zJMkXIH8DbGUC.#=zl1BofCgJV$Hj(Rectangle #=zoMhNNMo=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zE_HdZ1Ovgv_M(#=zjcI0VWImvcxh #=zn$nmi08=, Boolean #=zZTod3jj_2c1vlt679A==)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zRPLlE9vrNWlD(#=zjcI0VWImvcxh #=zn$nmi08=, Boolean #=zZTod3jj_2c1vlt679A==)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zKIRA1ylBtEgH(Boolean #=zV5T9aE$646n0)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zEmiWctkSKcDq.#=zqGPWlfj0fBWL(#=zkDeI$0rRekf$gE6u9ekd5jI= #=ziei_zJB8Wyl$, Boolean #=zV5T9aE$646n0, Boolean #=zueoCjjHNUU$7peHeRK7D3ks=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=z03npaEcsk0MD5vJQoh3KD0w=(Boolean #=zhi8FNKY=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zhiviGAuekjMlrAUCqQ==.#=zJ1rPhrj4_$uV()
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zhiviGAuekjMlrAUCqQ==.#=zKJ1SiBs=(#=zBH7pJU1LkBFIXeI55D0c3lpVqxiP$69D2A== #=zGZUJUQ4=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=zhiviGAuekjMlrAUCqQ==.#=zvmisf8JW9zK$(#=zBH7pJU1LkBFIXeI55D0c3lpVqxiP$69D2A== #=zGZUJUQ4=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=z6JRysRzHu4xfzU5kmpqmhxg=.#=zS$gxj0_0cYnV(#=zBH7pJU1LkBFIXeI55D0c3lpVqxiP$69D2A== #=zGZUJUQ4=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=z6JRysRzHu4xfzU5kmpqmhxg=.#=zZO_4N_ZHg6cB95ZpOn7bnHQ=.#=zk$qYWfGJiz7A(#=zBH7pJU1LkBFIXeI55D0c3lpVqxiP$69D2A== #=zGZUJUQ4=)
   at #=zgELVif2iwgtk0ItyQwl$VG1RS5Af.#=z6JRysRzHu4xfzU5kmpqmhxg=.#=zZO_4N_ZHg6cB95ZpOn7bnHQ=.#=ztiMi2aLOoIbRpOFXvw==(Object #=zsXDaPAQ=, EventArgs #=zRiDv2sk=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)