Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 204925 times)

13259r

Would it be possible to add in the config menu from the Winamp version? The main reason being the ability to change and increase the FPS. It seems that the Winamp milkdrop creates a set of .ini files under Winamp's appdata/roaming folder that the config menu will edit, but the MusicBee version doesn't create its own .ini's or have anything to do with the Winamp version's.

Coogan

The visualizer seems to work fine on all fronts, except for the arrow keys.  I can use page up and down to skip pages and press enter, but only on the option which is highlighted.  Now that seems like a problem with my arrow keys, but they do work everywhere else (including MB menus).

You have to hold down the [CNTL] key while using the arrow-keys, to navigate the presets.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

mrmoo232

Is there any way to access the config menu to set resolution and preset transition timing, i like raising the timing so the visuals blend with each other every so often ;)
Thanks

redwing

Is there any way to access the config menu to set resolution and preset transition timing, i like raising the timing so the visuals blend with each other every so often ;)
Thanks

Try this to see if that helps:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1796.msg82759#msg82759

redwing

Steven, if you could fix the link of the pop-up window, that'd be great. Otherwise, use the following link to download "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" (it's the same as the one in first post): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

This issue has not been addressed yet. The link has been updated:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
redwing, i apologise for not doing this when you reported the issue. I didnt see your posts, but the link is updated now

Today I reinstalled Windows (10) on my laptop and tried the milkdrop without those required DirectX 9 files installed.
But the link took me to a wrong page (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/gfwl) instead of the correct one (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35). And then MB freezes and I have to kill the process from task manager. It's reproducible.

If you want to fix this issue, let me know. I won't install DirectX 9 until then.

Steven

• Administrator
Any popup displayed by the plugin is not controlled by MusicBee ie. its embedded in the DLL that MusicBee uses. Unless I get the source code and change it/ recompile it I don't think there I much I can do (I will however look at doing that)
I assume you clicked the link in the warning popup and then MB froze.
I suggest you just install the DirectX 9 files. The links referenced from the add-ons page and in the first post in this topic should be correct

redwing

OK, now I get what you have meant, so you fixed the link in the forum posts, not the one in the popup window.

loner

Hello, I apologise if this is a noob question but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Which version of the plugin is this based on? The latest version is 2.25c (which has also been open-sourced since 2013) but the Musicbee version is just called 2.2 and has been last modified in 2010.

Overall, is there any work being done to further improve the Musicbee version? There's still several annoying UI and fullscreen-related issues.

EDIT: Also, the biggest problem for me is the fact that Musicbee's Milkdrop doesn't recognize many of the keys. For example, I can't switch between Sequential / Random order of presets (R key), or can't save a modified preset under a different name because Milkdrop doesn't recognize typing.
Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:22:28 AM by loner

sean

I've been running Milkdrop on two different machines in Musicbee for several years, but can't recall how I installed. I recently tried installing a different plugin (advanced reporting) and ended up updating to the latest Musicbee beta to get that plugin to work. Unfortunately, I had to roll back to a previous version, as I experienced an issue with not being able to switch to another album or title without an "Unable To Start Playback" error. The problem persisted even when rolling back to a previous version, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Musicbee from the Win10 app store. This resolved the audio driver issues. I'm running 3.1.6590

Milkdrop was no longer in the menu, so I found this version and installed, but it throws odd errors, and even the included visualizers have issues (audio speeds up when any of them is activated).

I checked the install on the other machine, and even though  Milkdrop runs in Musicbee, I didn't use this plugin. It's not in the plugins folder, and I don't recall how it was installed and configured. A search didn't turn it up, and it doesn't appear to be added through Winamp import. There may be a config file somewhere I'm forgetting, and it wouldn't surprise me if I was running a different DX11 version. Wish I'd documented.

Any help would be appreciated. Here are the errors:

The first appears to reference Pixel Shader model 3, part of DirectX 9. I've verified the drivers are in the System32 folder, and I went ahead and downloaded and installed from a link from a previous post in this thread. Didn't make a difference.

The second is something I haven't seen before, but it references a previous version of Musicbee. Only thing I can think of doing at this point is removing Milkdrop and uninstalling and reinstalling version 3.1.35.0 and crossing my fingers.

Other than the visualizer not working, everything else seems fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks!

redwing

reinstalled Musicbee from the Win10 app store

Try with non-store version from download page instead of the MS store version to see if that's the issue.

sean

Tried with the non-store version.

musicbee 3.1 update 3

Musicbee 3.1 update 1 (3.1.6512)
-this uninstall removed a lot of cached data

And I dug out an older version

Original audio driver issues remained resolved with each version
- but audio sped up/stuttered with visualizer use

I dropped an older copy of the milkdrop plugin into 2.5 and it worked, so I uninstalled 2.5 and reinstalled musicbee 3.1 update 3

Milkdrop started and functioned, but with a red error message at the top. I overwrote the files with the latest milkdrop download.

Now it functions, but

"close visualizer" puts me into the podcasts screen in main panel despite previously being on the music panel
and restarting the visualizer causes instant stutter and Muscibee crashes

sean

So I've set the visualizer to open full screen, and I'm teaching myself to avoid the "close visualizer" option. In different modes I can toggle the "start visualizer" item in the menu to avoid the crash. I may see what I can do with the hot keys. Nice to have things working again despite a few bugs.  :D

This is my go-to music app, and I'm fond of the visualizer.

Terry Walker

Thanks

Try this to see if that helps:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1796.msg82759#msg82759
worked for m!! thanks :-*

lux1o

Steven

• Administrator
can't exit Full Screen properly
Alt-Enter or Alt-Tab should toggle the full screen mode