Author Topic: Winamp "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" plugin with MusicBee  (Read 18052 times)

sveakul

What version and type (Installer, Windows Store, Portable) of MusicBee are you using?  When you installed the Spectrum, did you put all 3 elements (2 files and a folder) into the MusicBee "plugins" directory?  Did you be sure to whitelist all MusicBee folders in your antivirus application(s)?
Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:37:59 PM by sveakul

chainyk

sveakul

If you installed it according to the instructions given, then I'm out of ideas why you're not seeing a populated Properties GUI.  Running fine here with Windows 10 x64, MusicBee Portable 3.3.7455.

4evr4evr

This plugin is crashing for me on the latest MB version. I see the visualizer graph/bar for a few seconds before MB hangs.

Here's my OS/MB info:

Windows 10 Version 2004 [10.0.19041.450]
MusicBee Version 3.3.7491

I have all the required redists and even tried building from source myself using the original code and new libraries, no luck at all. Any ideas?

sveakul

I'm running it with MusicBee 3.4.7529 Portable and it's rock-stable--as it has been for me for the last couple of years now.  Windows 10 1909 x64.  What type of MB are you using--Installer, Portable, or Store?  In the Plugins folder, do you have two files named "vis_classic.ini" and "vis_classic.dll, AND a subfolder named "vis_classic"?  Is the entire MusicBee folder structure whitelisted in your antivirus?

If you're running other 3rd-party plugins, try disabling them one at a time and see if that has any effect.  Of course the "video drivers" cliché comes to mind also.

4evr4evr

I'm running it with MusicBee 3.4.7529 Portable and it's rock-stable--as it has been for me for the last couple of years now.  Windows 10 1909 x64.  What type of MB are you using--Installer, Portable, or Store?  In the Plugins folder, do you have two files named "vis_classic.ini" and "vis_classic.dll, AND a subfolder named "vis_classic"?  Is the entire MusicBee folder structure whitelisted in your antivirus?

If you're running other 3rd-party plugins, try disabling them one at a time and see if that has any effect.  Of course the "video drivers" cliché comes to mind also.

Using latest MB installer version, I also have all those files in the correct place you listed. And I use Windows Defender with it whitelisted (although this shouldn't make a difference since the DLL is loaded, but it just makes MusicBee hang).

No third-party plugins, fresh MB install and I'm using Nvidia drivers 451.67.

Is there a crash log somewhere that I can upload here?

sveakul

In MusicBee, drop Help/Support/View Error Log.  If there is an entry there for when the crash occured (i.e. not the whole log), copy that entry to a post here and maybe Steven can check if it contains any data that may point to why it crashes for you.

Has worked so well for me across both win 7 and 10 I can't imagine it's a MusicBee issue, but the log entry may provide a clue as to a potential clash with something else in your setup.

4evr4evr

In MusicBee, drop Help/Support/View Error Log.  If there is an entry there for when the crash occured (i.e. not the whole log), copy that entry to a post here and maybe Steven can check if it contains any data that may point to why it crashes for you.

Has worked so well for me across both win 7 and 10 I can't imagine it's a MusicBee issue, but the log entry may provide a clue as to a potential clash with something else in your setup.

Seems like it's not a normal crash, it's crashing with windows and not internally (i.e. the app doesnt close instantly). I might have to use an x86 debugger to narrow it down.