Author Topic: show as collections  (Read 1986 times)

GrahamL

in the main panel all the artists are shown by a thumbnail a name and the number of albums (not sure what this layout is called)
If i click on a artist thumbnail then underneath all the albums are show by thumbnail and name
fine up to now but how do I show collections. ie Hendrix 'Studio 67' has 6 cd's, how do i have a 'studio 67' thumbnail (under Hendrix) that when clicked shows the 6 cd's below (Studio 67). At the moment they just show under the main thumbnail but not grouped as a collection

redwing

Check your grouping setting under Preferences> Sorting/Grouping.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
redwing is referring to the fields that define an album. They need to all have the same values in order for the six cds to be grouped together. For instance, if they are named "studio 67 disc 1", studio 67 disc 2" and so on, then they are treated as separate albums.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

GrahamL

thanks for the replys
groupings, could you be a bit more specific please
i originally did have them as as "studio 67 disc 1", "studio 67 disc 2" etc and they appeared as stand alone albums, i then changed them to all the same name "studio 67" but as "cd 1 0f 6" cd 2 of 6" etc they then appeared within "studio 67" and separated but with no way of knowing which was which cd. I'm not to keen on just trying things to see what happens in case it screws things up and i cant undo the changers.

fabulario

You need to add the disc number for each CD in the tag Disc number.