Author Topic: [fixed] Playlist Manager - display oddities with nested folders  (Read 2304 times)

alec.tron

Hiya,
as recommended here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17892.0
(in what has become a gigantic question & answer session with the ever helpful psychoadept )  I am posting this as a separate bug report with screenshot.

because apparently:
Playlist Manager can only render 1 nested folder; folders-inside-of-folders get rendered as part of the playlist name.
i.e. what I have on disc (and what is shown / represented in the "Playlists" group in MusicBee perfectly fine):
D:.
|-collections
   |-PC
       |- COL_PC_aWorld.m3u
       |- COL_PC_dancehall.m3u
       |- COL_PC_digidancehall.m3u

This is what I see:

http://imgur.com/PAvraOJ

This only seems to affect folders 2 levels deep.
i.e.
/collections/
displays fine (there's a lot more below that only sit 1 level deep, and they display fine), but ever playlists' name that sits in
/collections/COL/
get concatenated strangely.

Just an oddity I wanted to report.
Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:37:09 AM by alec.tron

Steven

• Administrator

alec.tron

Yikes, that was quick!
Thanks Steven for all the great work you've done on MusicBee & continue to do!!!
c.

alec.tron

Heya,
done & tested, so here's some feedback:
This changed what is shown.
What I now see is:

/collections/ (displayed as a yellow folder, but non-expandable folder [which was this way before as well, but different than the Playlists group view of the same] )
   /PC/COL_PC_aWorld 
   /PC/COL_PC_dancehall
   /PC/COL_PC_digidancehall

So the odd half-way compound name is gone.
Yet, not that it matters - as it's functional as is and there's probably a reason - I would have expected this to display similar to the Playlist group view (with folders shown as folders visually, and having an expand functionality), i.e.

/collections/
   /PC/
        COL_PC_aWorld 
        COL_PC_dancehall
        COL_PC_digidancehall

So nested folders are displayed as folders as well (with a sign [triangle] in front ot if to expand down to its contents). 
This is not meant as critisiscm! I'm happy either or (one part of me - the one that's working with ever evolving software on a daily basis - is just an advocate for consistency)...so this is just some feedback to make sure this is as you intended... ;)

Cheerio & thanks again.
c.