Author Topic: Synchroniser  (Read 6785 times)

Soinou

Hi everyone!

I love MusicBee but I have an iPod and the current plugin seems to be discontinued, so I tried to roll my own, mainly to fix the tiny problems I had with the current one (Like synchronizing twice made duplicates in my playlists, it was rather slow and stuff).

I tried to fix the problems in the current plugin, but I had lots of troubles understanding the code, so I thought it would maybe be easier to just start from scratch taking ideas from the old one.

This one does not use the storage API (I couldn't get how it worked and never could make it work), so it just uses a menu item that triggers the synchronisation.

For now it only support iTunes, but I usually try to make my code the most reusable as I can, so support for other music players could potentially be added, as long as the targeted music player have some kind of API that could be used.

Features are pretty basic:  it synchronises your playlists between MusicBee and iTunes. It basically takes your MusicBee playlists and reproduces them exactly in iTunes.

It could be used to synchronise all the tracks as well as the playlists, but I didn't need it, so if anyone needs it, just ask, I'll try to add it.

More informations are available on Github. If you want to ask for a feature, say my code doesn't work or anything, you can either file an issue on the repository, or reply to this topic. I'll try to reply as quickly as possible.

Releases are available on the repository as well.

tl;dr: Plugin that synchronises your playlists from MusicBee to iTunes and possibly more in the future. Info here and releases here.
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:22:35 PM by Soinou

boroda

thank you for forking my plugin. i dont have enough time now to support all of them, so at the moment only tag tool plugin is supported. feel free to contact me, if you have any questions about how ipod driver works. hope that you will continue to support your version of plugin.

Soinou

It's not really a fork but thanks anyway for your proposal. The only thing I kinda liked in your version and wanted to do was to make iTunes act as a device in MusicBee and be able to synchronise it like it was a storage, but couldn't understand how the API worked. I'll try it again sometime.

And I'll try to support it as much as I can, though I'm not that good and probably won't be able to add complicated features.

boroda

actually i dont understand what difficulties you encountered with virtual device api. you should simply implement some specific methods, eg. GetDeviceProperties(), GetError(), GetFile(), etc. the only important thing is that you should assign 'about.Type = PluginType.Storage;'in the Initialise() method.

Soinou

Yeah that's what I tried to do, but couldn't get it to work. GetIcon() is called, then the other functions are never called. I'll try it again sometime.