Author Topic: 2 things: Play Count Shuffle Setting and Up Next list  (Read 1645 times)

wtkafe

I've been wanting a shuffle setting where I could set it so it is more likely to play songs with lower play count. I would like it to be like the different/same artist scale because I don't want to only play the low play count songs, once in a while I'd want high count songs.

I don't think an Up Next list is gonna be a new idea here since it's on iTunes and a lot of music apps, but it'd be nice to be able to see and edit what songs I'm gonna be listening to when I play shuffle

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could make a clunky version of the play count shuffle by using a playlist mixer, with settings like "play count < 2 =  5 tracks" and "play count > 2 = 1 track"  Not totally random, but it would get the job done.

I thought the Now Playing Assistant might do the second, but I guess even there "Now Playing" shows the same order as the Playing Tracks list. :/
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

For your second request, there's always the option of shuffling the list as opposed to using the shuffle setting, or using a playlist mixer or auto-playlist. Any of those would display your upcoming tracks in shuffled order.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.