Author Topic: TM bugs with v3  (Read 16080 times)

redwing

redwing

Gallery element doesn't show playing artist's backdrops under some situations. Try the following steps with Rdio Style skin.

1. Play a track.
2. Click on the Gallery button on the right then it will show artist backdrops.
3. Click on the button again and return to the original album view.
4. Play another artist's track.
5. Click on the Gallery button but it keeps showing previous artist's backdrops.

Steven

• Administrator
that should be addressed for the next patch update
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:42:42 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i should add i have implented a 45 second minimum for the picture rotation interval in order to reduce strain on the artwork hosting sites

redwing

Thanks! That's fixed but there's another bug with gallery element.
If you play a soundtrack song in the gallery mode, it shows movie backdrops properly. But if you start playing the song in album view and then switch to gallery mode, it shows artist backdrops.

redwing

1. In compact mode, use "show TM" hotkey. Then you can't close TM:

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.6007.34903 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.CloseTheatreMode(Boolean dispose)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.closeMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2. In full-screen TM mode, use "switch to compact mode" hotkey. Then you can't close TM:

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.6007.34903 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.ExecuteClickFunction(FunctionId action, Int32 offset)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

3. Also auto-hidden left navigator pops up over TM if you move the mouse to the left edge.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce 1 or 2, although i agree that for 1, MB is not switching to TM from the compact player and when you return to the main player the TM panel is open and cant be closed but no error for me.
Could you send me your settings file

redwing

PMed my settings file.

For #2, with Theater Panel Dock> fullscreen mode, run any TM and execute the hotkey for "switch to compact player". Then nothing happens and you can't close the TM. At that point if you unhide Windows taskbar, it shows two instances of MB: one for TM another for MB main app:

If you close the upper one, then you return to MB, exiting from TM.

Steven

• Administrator
those should all be fixed for the next v3 patch update however i was never able to reproduce the actual error itself
for 1, the theater mode panel will not start unless you are in the main player

redwing

#2 & #3 got fixed.

for 1, the theater mode panel will not start unless you are in the main player

For #1, it's still possible to run "Show TM" hotkey from compact mode. And then if you execute the hotkey for "switch to compact player" from a full-screen-mode TM, there's no way you can exit from the TM:

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.6010.38110 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.closeMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

I know this won't be a big issue for most users. You can ignore this.

redwing

TM artist bio doesn't work properly for multiple artists.

For a track with Display Artist value "Georg Solti; Chicago Symphony Orchestra"

TM bio says "No biography for Georg Solti" while main artist bio panel shows his bio.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

"AlbumTracks" element doesn't respect album grouping setting.
I am using album as tracks in their own folder setting, but the element sees albums as having the same album name & album artist value.
So if I play an album, it searches and adds all albums in my library with the same album name & album artist to the list.
But it doesn't play tracks from other albums. Just plays only the selected album, skipping tracks from other albums.

redwing

While running "Album Wall" TM view, got this error:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle destRect, Rectangle srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit)
   at #=zRolAABWz5_TDjg4efWnnbIc=.#=ztEK2FwPd9hJvuQ2Y8ZTIQqY=.#=z4IDngpo=(Graphics #=zUkD6D0g=, Rectangle #=zmrMPp_RS$rMf, Rectangle #=zCFAHZq9pgA_S)
   at #=zXxXSmQRNWGbHFrp_FaUH8AKK0R3p.#=zBvVbxP1Gh5dJhKsUDVHS6Xk=(#=ztEK2FwPd9hJvuQ2Y8ZTIQqY= #=zYhuv4qg=, Size #=zBu8$7sw=, Color& #=z1JubINI=, #=ztEK2FwPd9hJvuQ2Y8ZTIQqY=& #=zIvDndNdpLBMi, Bitmap& #=zfpmcnnimvm0ATiKDzA==, Single& #=zjNSaua7OsAbsyU2cSw==)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zwuQAAd1tyY5n.#=zk2sLifXpGy9GT3sXuw==.#=zj6wW$su_HagK2Azn1_GBC$E=(#=ztEK2FwPd9hJvuQ2Y8ZTIQqY= #=zYhuv4qg=)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zwuQAAd1tyY5n.#=zk2sLifXpGy9GT3sXuw==.#=zCQ8neV4KhtQ_DX68pw==(#=ztEK2FwPd9hJvuQ2Y8ZTIQqY= #=zYhuv4qg=, Boolean #=zmxXpOtOvmNmt3OFWNA==)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zwuQAAd1tyY5n.#=zk2sLifXpGy9GT3sXuw==.#=zCQ8neV4KhtQ_DX68pw==()
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zwuQAAd1tyY5n.#=zk2sLifXpGy9GT3sXuw==.#=zA92ZOdJby4k5(#=zEZdJ4fL4YkImN_SVvAtYp68= #=zrZMsmLI=)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zwuQAAd1tyY5n.#=zk2sLifXpGy9GT3sXuw==.#=z8UNsrUU=(Boolean #=zjCLmrGY=)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zEfAH4k6f1g2U(Boolean #=zehLlS_asfIMO1PO_RQ==, Boolean #=zFqDNeoCoUVnu)
   at #=ztAIepnSW1NZrEKMzAlsVuaq9msUN.#=zFqwQ$H$QFX$F(#=z09AO1DVPdNQsCnfLpCvwrW0= #=z9wiBwwyuuwpI, Boolean #=z6Ht_qMmEOwWJ, #=zL9bBQ$M= #=zWl1VaDQ=, #=z1gyPYN9nAxRk6nUAJRrfQhg= #=zCSlpzpDkrw3c, Boolean #=zH9Y41_NrrJ13, #=zw7Q0ImlWAngqOH5XNTrmm$c= #=zAf2zxsPkN3eR, #=zEZdJ4fL4YkImN_SVvAtYp68=[] #=zn0SZbo2aZDYI, Boolean #=zhe501rXE7_De)

I think it's about the file size of cover images. For albums with small image files, it's working fine. I got this error from albums with about 2 MB cover image in average. The view displays 36 cover images. Does this mean then it can't handle about 70 MB of cover image in total?