Author Topic: New questions for the wiki  (Read 23763 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the only thing "Allow Folder to Be Moved" affects is whether you can drag folders in the Computer section of the left navigator.
It has nothing to do with moving/ copying files

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay, good to know.  So how do you know if MB is going to move or copy files when you're dragging them to the computer node?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
the drag/ drop icon has a "+" symbol when the default action is copy and no symbol when the default action is move. Thats quite old standard windows feedback (XP era) so i guess newer windows users may not be familar with it.
As redwing mentioned, you can (sometimes depending on context) force the action to move or copy by holding the SHIFT key down (move) or Ctrl key down (copy)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay, I'll play with it some more and see if it's more predictable now that I know that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
there is a large combination of from and to locations that affect the type of operation
eg. dragging a file from the library or a playlist to a computer folder (default action: copy) is different to dragging a file from another computer folder (default action: move), and different again if the target folder is on another drive (default action: copy)
Where as dragging from the Inbox to the Music node just does a logical move unless auto-organise is enabled
While dragging from anywhere to a playlist just adds the file to the playlist

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
That does help, thanks!  Would you mind posting a screenshot of your auto-organize settings?
better late then never, I suppose :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

theta_wave

Someone mentioned auto-organize settings?  (not auto-organize, but it is the sorting rule I have when moving files from the inbox to the library)

To Folder: I:

Template:
$If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),"Soundtrack - "<Genre>,$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",<Genre>,$If($Or(<AlbumArtist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<AlbumArtist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),"Brian Eno",$If($Or(<Genre>="Alternative",<Genre>="Rock"),"Alternative and Rock",$If(<Genre>="New Wave","80s, New Wave, and Synthpop",$If(<Genre>="Jazz Vocal","Jazz (Vocal)",$If($Or(<Genre>="House",<Genre>="Acid Jazz"),Dance,$If($Or(<Genre>="Gothic",<Genre>="Post-Punk"),"Gothic or Post-Punk",$If(<Genre>="Rap","Hip Hop",$If(<Genre>="Jungle","Drum & Bass",$If($Or(<Genre>="Lounge",<Genre>="Downtempo"),"Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If(<Genre>="Nu-jazz","Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If($Or(<Genre>="Instrumental Rock",<Genre>="Post-Rock"),"Post-Rock and Instrumental Rock",$If(<Genre>="Singer/Songwriter",Singer-Songwriter,$If($Or(<Genre>="Experimental",<Genre>="No Wave"),Avantgarde,$If(<Genre>="Synthpop","Synthpop (Modern Day)",$If(<Genre>="Drone",Ambient,$If(<Genre>="Darkwave","Indie Electronic",<Genre>))))))))))))))))))\If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),$Sort(<Album>)" ("<YearOnly>")"\<FileName>,$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",$Sort(<Album>)" ("<YearOnly>")"\<FileName>,$If(<Genre>="Tracker",<AlbumArtist>\$IsNull(<Album>,"("<YearOnly>") "<Title>,"("<YearOnly>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$If(<AlbumArtist>="Various Artists","VA - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\<FileName>,$If($Or(<AlbumArtist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<AlbumArtist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$If(<Genre>="Classical",$RSplit(<Composer>," ",1)" - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\<FileName>,$If($Or($IsMatch(<AlbumArtist>,"^The\s")="F",<AlbumArtist>="The The"),<AlbumArtist>\$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$Sort(<AlbumArtist>)\$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>))))))))
Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:23:19 AM by ssri

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That does help, thanks!  Would you mind posting a screenshot of your auto-organize settings?
better late then never, I suppose :)

Thank you.  :)  Would you mind if I put that on the wiki as an example?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Someone mentioned auto-organize settings?  (not auto-organize, but it is the sorting rule I have when moving files from the inbox to the library)

To Folder: I:

Template:
$If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),"Soundtrack - "<Genre>,$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",<Genre>,$If($Or(<AlbumArtist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<AlbumArtist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),"Brian Eno",$If($Or(<Genre>="Alternative",<Genre>="Rock"),"Alternative and Rock",$If(<Genre>="New Wave","80s, New Wave, and Synthpop",$If(<Genre>="Jazz Vocal","Jazz (Vocal)",$If($Or(<Genre>="House",<Genre>="Acid Jazz"),Dance,$If($Or(<Genre>="Gothic",<Genre>="Post-Punk"),"Gothic or Post-Punk",$If(<Genre>="Rap","Hip Hop",$If(<Genre>="Jungle","Drum & Bass",$If($Or(<Genre>="Lounge",<Genre>="Downtempo"),"Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If(<Genre>="Nu-jazz","Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If($Or(<Genre>="Instrumental Rock",<Genre>="Post-Rock"),"Post-Rock and Instrumental Rock",$If(<Genre>="Singer/Songwriter",Singer-Songwriter,$If($Or(<Genre>="Experimental",<Genre>="No Wave"),Avantgarde,$If(<Genre>="Synthpop","Synthpop (Modern Day)",$If(<Genre>="Drone",Ambient,$If(<Genre>="Darkwave","Indie Electronic",<Genre>))))))))))))))))))\If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),$Sort(<Album>)" ("<YearOnly>")"\<FileName>,$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",$Sort(<Album>)" ("<YearOnly>")"\<FileName>,$If(<Genre>="Tracker",<AlbumArtist>\$IsNull(<Album>,"("<YearOnly>") "<Title>,"("<YearOnly>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$If(<AlbumArtist>="Various Artists","VA - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\<FileName>,$If($Or(<AlbumArtist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<AlbumArtist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$If(<Genre>="Classical",$RSplit(<Composer>," ",1)" - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\<FileName>,$If($Or($IsMatch(<AlbumArtist>,"^The\s")="F",<AlbumArtist>="The The"),<AlbumArtist>\$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>),$Sort(<AlbumArtist>)\$IsNull(<Custom2>,"("<YearOnly>".00.00) "<Album>\<FileName>,"("<YearOnly>.<Custom2>") "<Album>\<FileName>))))))))

Wow, your genres are way better organized than mine.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Thank you.  :)  Would you mind if I put that on the wiki as an example?
Not at all.
I even used the default skin for that reason :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does "Identify Track and Update Tags" use the same sources as the auto-tag by album search?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What does ticking the various "restrict release types" boxes do?  When more than one is ticked, does it act like an OR?  Does ticking album but not compilation exclude compilations?  Does ticking album exclude singles?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

theta_wave

Wow, your genres are way better organized than mine.  :)
This was done mainly to keep legacy directory settings for Mediamonkey and my backup software.  I'd do it all over again (and simpler) if I could.