Author Topic: New questions for the wiki  (Read 23749 times)

Steven

• Administrator
What interrupts a playlist mixer cycle?  I mean, once you start a playlist mixer, what actions will cause it *not* to continue adding to playing tracks?
anything that invokes loading new tracks into the Now Playing list eg. say double clicking a track in the main library panel.
Actions such as skip/ double click a track in the Now Playing list/ and even clicking Stop and then play again shouldnt stop the mixer

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If "display using view" is anything else, then only that playlist will change when you change the view in the main panel.

No, all other playlists set to the same view change as well.

Please reread what Steven said above.  If you change the "display using view" to anything specific, it no longer affects other playlists.  I've also tested this.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

We're talking about default fields playlists, right?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
We're talking about default fields playlists, right?

If you change "display using view" away from default it sets "displayed fields" to default automatically (because custom fields no longer has any meaning - The whole thing is custom).  One of many things I hadn't understood until now.

Just the fact we're having this discussion shows that the current settings are very unclear. :)
Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:09:17 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

If you change "display using view" away from default it sets "displayed fields" to default automatically (because custom fields no longer has any meaning - The whole thing is custom).

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying if you change view setting from "Default" to "Album & Tracks" view, then custom fields setting auto-changes to default fields setting? That's not happening with my MB.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just tested again (3.0.5934), and I see you're right.   Even if "display using view" is set to a different view, if it is set to "default fields" it will reflect the default fields for that view.  (I know there have been cases when "use custom fields" has been reverted to "default fields", but I can't reproduce it right now.)

So that's another possible permutation.  But "Default" still operates differently from all other options for "display using view", because changing the view in the main panel will affect all "Default" playlists, but if you change "display using view", only that playlist changes views when you change it in the main panel.  Test it.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

But "Default" still operates differently from all other options for "display using view", because changing the view in the main panel will affect all "Default" playlists, but if you change "display using view", only that playlist changes views when you change it in the main panel.  Test it.  :)

I know what you mean. That's one thing I didn't like when we had a previous discussion about this:

For filters/playlists, current view setting options are misleading since now switching views constantly updates the initially saved view setting.

Pingaware

What interrupts a playlist mixer cycle?  I mean, once you start a playlist mixer, what actions will cause it *not* to continue adding to playing tracks?
anything that invokes loading new tracks into the Now Playing list eg. say double clicking a track in the main library panel.
Actions such as skip/ double click a track in the Now Playing list/ and even clicking Stop and then play again shouldnt stop the mixer

Note that dragging tracks in manually doesn't seem to break the cycle.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Where does the "auto-tag" function in the Tag Editor get its data?  It looks like an amalgam of the various auto-tag functions.   I have been testing it with songs that seem like they should be pretty easy to identify, and most of them have returned with no changes.  One (out of about 10 so far) came up with a new genre tag, but that's it.

Edit: today, it's coming back with the message "web service failed with error", but that wasn't happening previously.
Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:23:14 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Where does the "auto-tag" function in the Tag Editor get its data?  It looks like an amalgam of the various auto-tag functions.   I have been testing it with songs that seem like they should be pretty easy to identify, and most of them have returned with no changes.  One (out of about 10 so far) came up with a new genre tag, but that's it.

Edit: today, it's coming back with the message "web service failed with error", but that wasn't happening previously.
its working ok for me and fields are being update, although MusicBrainz did return a protocol error once. I gather they need to upgrade their servers due to overload so its probably just a temporary issue.
I am getting a couple of cases where artwork randomly doesnt download from one of the hosts for some reason so i will investigate that
edit:
the issue with the artwork is fixed for the next update
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:55:37 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks.  I'll try it again.  (And yes, I thought it might be the MusicBrainz issue.  So far I have only seen genres updated, but I'll let you know what happens with the new version.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What size, precisely, are the small, medium, and large thumbnails in the thumbnail browser?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Where does Artist Biography get its info?  I was surprised when Xbox Music and last.fm were both a bust, but it still had a bio.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
What size, precisely, are the small, medium, and large thumbnails in the thumbnail browser?
its not obvious? each should affect the size of the thumbnail image. Is that not the case for you?

Where does Artist Biography get its info?  I was surprised when Xbox Music and last.fm were both a bust, but it still had a bio.
last.fm and echonest (while echonest is still available)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
its not obvious? each should affect the size of the thumbnail image. Is that not the case for you?

I can see the size change, but I was hoping for # pixels. :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)