Author Topic: Syncing playlist to MTP device  (Read 3880 times)

navporky

Hi,

Syncing default playlists (for now) from MusicBee to i9550 (with MIUI7 custom ROM) as MTP device. Tried all formats - m3u, m3u8, wpl and pla. While first 3 have playlist data, none are playable by any application though m3u and m3u8 are recognized as playlists. "pla" is empty with such sync and thus not useable. Bug?

Not sure on further course of action.

Steven

• Administrator
.PLA files show as 0 bytes in windows explorer. You need to click on the references tab of the file properties in windows explorer
If viewing from MB, MB doesnt load .m3u playlists from a MTP device, only .PLA. Just check in windows explorer and the file will have a size and text if you edit the file
Perhaps someone else can help as to why the .m3u doesnt play eg. the playlist or files may have to be in a specific location

navporky

I actually wasn't trying to access the .pla file from windows or the .m3u from MB, instead on the device i9500 itself.

The .pla files are indeed 0 bytes - checked its content as well and its empty. All other types have playlist info but not playing on the device though for .m3u it identifies the file type and lists the applications for opening it with but fails.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just a wild guess here... the playlist is transferring to the device, but are the music files on the device?  And if so, is the playlist pointing to the correct device path for the music?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

navporky

Media files are getting transferred to the device alright, along with the playlist files but they (.pla) are empty ... no question of it pointing to correct device path as they are empty.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What player are you using on the device?  I've never had problems with m3u playlists on Android
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

navporky

Xiaomi's default media player and also tried ES media player. I have PowerAmp as well, haven't tried that yet.. would need to reinstall.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can't speak to the first two, but I know folks have had success with power amp.  Hopefully one of them will chime in.  I've had success with both GMMP and Rocket player.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't speak to the first two, but I know folks have had success with power amp.  Hopefully one of them will chime in.  I've had success with both GMMP and Rocket player.
I use M3U8 playlists and sync to my Android and play them in PowerAmp with no issues.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

navporky

Alright, .m3u works just fine with PowerAmp.... thanks all.