Author Topic: Album cover confusion  (Read 8164 times)

ankor

Oh I don't use any Grouping.  Plus this is Album and Tracks view.  Grouping is not a user option which makes sense since grouping needs to be forced with artist and album.
Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:54:10 PM by ankor

redwing

This is what I said:

Check your grouping setting (Preferences> Sorting/grouping).

Not the grouping setting for the main view (BTW album & tracks view too can group tracks if you open configuration pane).

ankor

Sorry about the confusion. In Preferences | Sorting/Grouping under Grouping...I have "the following fields define an album" checked. Position 1 is blank and position 2 is locked in at Album Name and the rest are blank.  "detect iTunes compilation and treat as Album Artist" is unchecked.  Appreciate the help.

Right after sending this post, I selected "Album Name" for position 1 (the only allowed pick) instead of leaving it blank.  That fixed the Album and Tracks view, separating the tracks between the 2 artists.  Maybe position 1 should not be allowed to be blank or clear position 2 if position 1 is Album Name.  But position 1 can only be blank or Album Name so why lock position 2 with Album Name?  Weird but it's good now.
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:06:11 PM by ankor

redwing

Again, this is what said:

Check your grouping setting (Preferences> Sorting/grouping). Probably you have selected album name only. That's why no album name tracks gather and form a single album regardless of their artist values. If you include album artist too to the setting, they will split.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Maybe an image would help here:

The first item is not locked to Album Name, it's locked to Album Artist, which is what redwing has been telling you to add.  It sounds like you may have worked it out now.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ankor

Soooooooooo sorry.  Not sure the image is enough.  A new set of eyes may be necessary.  Staring right at the screen and ????????

Yes position 1 is filled with Album ARTIST.  Do I feel stupid!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you for putting up with me....even got a good night sleep...I'll need to read more carefully and less multi-tasking
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:20:57 PM by ankor