Author Topic: 3.0 portable  (Read 6079 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i see. You can rename them back again as the new portable instance will have created its own default ini file and MB will then use that

Steven

• Administrator
for the record i am going to change it so the settings files searched for are restricted for portable installs

Orion

I'm also interested, Steven. As, for now, there are no way to configure two completely different displays and browsing interfaces, I would like to use a "normal" version and a portable one to have access to two ways of browsing files (one for all my music, one just for classical music).

Could you alert us when the change is effective and explain how to set it up ?

Thank you very much for your commitment !

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think the goal of this change is that if you apply 3.0 to a portable installation, you don't have to do anything special.  So there shouldn't be any special instructions, just add the files to the folder as usual.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Orion

It works, now ! Perfect ! (except that one can't open both 3.0 version and 3.0 portable at the same time, but it doesn't realy matter)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It works, now ! Perfect ! (except that one can't open both 3.0 version and 3.0 portable at the same time, but it doesn't realy matter)

If you really want to open both at the same time for whatever reason (I often want to take screenshots of the default while using my own library in the other), you can use Sandboxie.  http://www.sandboxie.com/
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Orion