Author Topic: Additional revenue source for MusicBee  (Read 3631 times)

dimapustovalov

Hi Steven,

My name is Dmitriy Pustovalov from Coppertino Inc. - developers of VOX Music Player (coppertino.com).
Now we are launching Locker.FM - a Personal Music Cloud Storage that enables users to upload music into the cloud and listen to it on different players and different devices (Windows, Android, iOS, OS X supported).

We have an open API and would love to integrate Locker.FM into MusicBee so every user would be able to get limitless cloud storage for their lossy and lossless files for free (no joke).

What do you think?   

Best regards,
Dmitriy Pustovalov
BizDev Director
Coppertino Inc.
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:04:13 PM by dimapustovalov

AvikB

@dimapustovalov

MusicBee already supports plugins. Can't you just make one for MusicBee instead of asking it to be directly integrated? Maybe ask steven to provide apis that you might need for certain feature.

Also Locker.fm is looking too good to be true. Completely free storage for all our music? How will you guys make money? Or is it just you guys want it to be popular then suddenly charge users for it. :/

hiccup

They are pushing their users to get a paid subscription to their cloud service.
That's their earning model.
Also it is awkward that they address Steven about this publicly on our forum.
I considered to delete their posts earlier, since it could be considered as commercially inappropriate, but I guess Steven is alert enough to respond as he pleases.

AvikB

They are pushing their users to get a paid subscription to their cloud service.
That's their earning model.
:O it says it is free on their page, no mention of any price plans or anything..... :S
And if it is paid i really don't see any reason to choose theirs over onedrive which offers way more value, sync client, desktop player and even a online player.

Also it is awkward that they address Steven about this publicly on our forum.
I considered to delete their posts earlier, since it could be considered as commercially inappropriate, but I guess Steven is alert enough to respond as he pleases.
I guess thats because there is no <b>Contact Us</b> option at the current site. Would be a good idea to include one in the new site. :/

hiccup

:O it says it is free on their page, no mention of any price plans or anything..... :S

Yeah, that's why I found it a little bit sneaky.

I guess thats because there is no <b>Contact Us</b> option at the current site. Would be a good idea to include one in the new site. :/

That could be a good idea. But since they already created two accounts on this forum, they could also have pm'ed Steven.
But they deliberately choose to do it publicly. That's why I thought it could be considered it to be some sneaky sort of spam.

AvikB

Yeah, that's why I found it a little bit sneaky.
Yup, i think they just want more users on their platform and then turn it into pay to access. But they do have some good review about their products....

That could be a good idea. But since they already created two accounts on this forum, they could also have pm'ed Steven.
But they deliberately choose to do it publicly. That's why I thought it could be considered it to be some sneaky sort of spam.
probably trying to get some attention. Maybe we need some clarification from steven himself.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If you read through the site very carefully you will find that free part is only the uploading and storage of your files.
You need to buy a subscription to their LOOP service to be able to access and play those files you have in Locker.FM
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

If you read through the site very carefully you will find that free part is only the uploading and storage of your files.
....... you convinced me to get glasses..... really i completely missed it. :S

You need to buy a subscription to their LOOP service to be able to access and play those files you have in Locker.FM
.......don't know where to even begin....

Steven

• Administrator
It does seem an unusal way to approach me about this but i guess it also publicises this service a bit more.
For the record I havent responded to this and if anything was to be done, it would be via enhancements to the API for a plugin so that other locker services could be bolted on.
But in any case i am certainly not in a position to take it any further at this point in time

AvikB

For the record I havent responded to this and if anything was to be done, it would be via enhancements to the API for a plugin so that other locker services could be bolted on.
Thanks for the clarification.