Author Topic: Artwork view expanded panel  (Read 7626 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
My suggestion is for the columns to automatically balance the tracks so that they are more or less equal in all columns - this would look neater and also save more screen space.
I didn't even have time to +1 this request.
Nicely enabled.  Thanks Steven.
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:44:24 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

hiccup

This turned out very well. I am very happy to use the expanded panel now.
Is my suggestion/request for having a play button appearing at hover-over the album under consideration?
That would put the icing on the cake for this mode. (in my humble opinion)

Also, the close button being on the left feels a bit awkward, but I would understand the reason, since it might conflict a little bit when album art is displayed on the right in the expanded panel. But without the art showing there, I would like it on the right a little bit better.

Alumni

A possible bug - I'm pretty sure before the expanded menu would bump up the screen if needed to accommodate the extra vertical space.
It's no longer behaving that way after the changes made to the columns.

rurutia10

This turned out very well. I am very happy to use the expanded panel now.

Same here!

Steven

• Administrator
A possible bug - I'm pretty sure before the expanded menu would bump up the screen if needed to accommodate the extra vertical space.
It's no longer behaving that way after the changes made to the columns.
when i click on a picture (with the album picture disabled) it works exactly as before and will scroll the panel up to accomodate the entire album if possible. Have i understood what you are doing? Maybe post a screenshot

Steven

• Administrator
Also, the close button being on the left feels a bit awkward, but I would understand the reason, since it might conflict a little bit when album art is displayed on the right in the expanded panel. But without the art showing there, I would like it on the right a little bit better.
i've changed the close button orientation when artwork is disabled
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Alumni

when i click on a picture (with the album picture disabled) it works exactly as before and will scroll the panel up to accomodate the entire album if possible. Have i understood what you are doing? Maybe post a screenshot

Yeah it's fine in album covers view, I'm referring to when albums are grouped by artist.
Clicking the artist picture does bump the panel, but clicking an album displayed underneath has no effect.

hiccup

I hate myself for yet again having a comment/request for the expanded panel, but I just can't be helped.

With most popular music and it's titles, the width for the columns is very good.
But for a lot of classical music with long titles, you often miss the last part of those titles, which makes it sometimes impossible to distinguish between tracks.

I myself can imagine two possible solutions for this.
Either have the column widths adapting to long titles, or have a second line for long titles.
(or maybe even a bit of both)