Author Topic: Artwork view expanded panel  (Read 7685 times)

rurutia10

Would like an option that doesn't show album art when clicking on an album. Just clean and only show the songs.

hiccup

+1

Coming to think about this, one reason I almost never use the expanded panel is that I find it too large, and "in your face", so to speak.
I would welcome it if it could be made a bit less obtrusive.
Also the quite large font sizes contribute a bit to that.

So perhaps indeed some 'text only' mode without the eye candy and more regular font sizes?

rurutia10

+1

Coming to think about this, one reason I almost never use the expanded panel is that I find it too large, and "in your face", so to speak.

So perhaps indeed some 'text only' mode without the eye candy and more regular font sizes?

Yes please!

hiccup

And contemplating this some more, another reason I don't use the expanded panel so much, is that I like to be able to just play an album by pressing the play icon that usually appears when hovering over an album.
With the current implementation that hover-over play icon is disabled when the expanded panel mode is chosen.
So an additional request would be to have that play button available for the expanded panel mode too.

@rurutia10:
I feel I am hi-jacking your wish topic a bit. Please let me know if you feel that's the case. Then of course I will refrain from adding to this thread.

rurutia10

And contemplating this some more, another reason I don't use the expanded panel so much, is that I like to be able to just play an album by pressing the play icon that usually appears when hovering over an album.
With the current implementation that hover-over play icon is disabled when the expanded panel mode is chosen.
So an additional request would be to have that play button available for the expanded panel mode too.

@rurutia10:
I feel I am hi-jacking your wish topic a bit. Please let me know if you feel that's the case. Then of course I will refrain from adding to this thread.

"by pressing the play icon that usually appears when hovering over an album."

Can you make a screenshot of this? I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

phred

• Global Moderator
Would like an option that doesn't show album art when clicking on an album. Just clean and only show the songs.
+1   Preferably in two columns if space permits.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Currently the panel adepts the number of columns to the available width, so that could stay the same in my opinion.
But with the advantage that absence of an image provides for more room for the columns.

Steven

• Administrator

i've added an option to not show artwork in the expanded picture - thats done for the next update

Alumni

i've added an option to not show artwork in the expanded picture - thats done for the next update

Cool, thanks for that! A benefit of that setting is shorter albums now take up less vertical space.

I wonder if the expanded menu could make better use of space when it comes to displaying tracks in columns. At the moment an average album seems to always stop at 9 tracks in the first column, which usually results in just one or two tracks occupying the second column. My suggestion is for the columns to automatically balance the tracks so that they are more or less equal in all columns - this would look neater and also save more screen space.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My suggestion is for the columns to automatically balance the tracks so that they are more or less equal in all columns - this would look neater and also save more screen space.

+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I wonder if the expanded menu could make better use of space when it comes to displaying tracks in columns. At the moment an average album seems to always stop at 9 tracks in the first column, which usually results in just one or two tracks occupying the second column. My suggestion is for the columns to automatically balance the tracks so that they are more or less equal in all columns - this would look neater and also save more screen space.
thats done for the next update