Author Topic: Artist pictures  (Read 15253 times)

rurutia10

Where does musicbee get the artist pictures from? I want to know more about how it works but I can't find settings about it anywhere, nor info on google, and right clicking the artist picture does nothing.

redwing

rurutia10

Is there a way for musicbee to automatically save the artist pictures?

Alumni

Is there a way for musicbee to automatically save the artist pictures?

If you're referring to the pictures in the main panel (ie. artists view), by default they should be saved automatically in your "Thumbs" folder, usually located in the same place as your library files.

rurutia10

How do I go about changing the artist picture to a picture I already have on my PC?

If I use artist view, and right click on an artist, and use the "paste artist picture" button, the new picture will show at artist view, but not the artist picture panel on the right side -- that one still shows the image it got from the internet and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

orbittwz

interested also...
the player randomly gets it artist pictures from somewhere? can i point it to specific repo?

EDIT1:
moreover, maybe there's a way to config the player to search for artist pictures within a search wildcard?
like searching in google images " %ArtistName% picture"
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:13:58 PM by orbittwz

redwing

How do I go about changing the artist picture to a picture I already have on my PC?

If I use artist view, and right click on an artist, and use the "paste artist picture" button, the new picture will show at artist view, but not the artist picture panel on the right side -- that one still shows the image it got from the internet and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

What you're editing in artwork view or thumbnail browser is artist thumbs (square images) which get stored in your local artist/thumb folder. What artist picture element, TM, now playing tab/bar, compact player show is artist pictures retrieved from the web or stored in your local artist folder. If you open compact player configuration dialog, you can disable retrieving web pictures, which will be applied to all artist picture elements.

redwing

interested also...
the player randomly gets it artist pictures from somewhere? can i point it to specific repo?

EDIT1:
moreover, maybe there's a way to config the player to search for artist pictures within a search wildcard?
like searching in google images " %ArtistName% picture"

For artist picture sources, consult the thread I posted above (Reply #1).
Other than compact player settings, no way to customize the setting. If you have suggestions, post it on the wishlist forum.

rurutia10

I'm putting them in the artist pictures folder, but the problem is I'm only seeing half of the picture. What am I doing wrong?

redwing

I'm putting them in the artist pictures folder, but the problem is I'm only seeing half of the picture. What am I doing wrong?

I don't understand what you meant. Can you elaborate on that, if necessary with screenshots?

rurutia10

I don't understand what you meant. Can you elaborate on that, if necessary with screenshots?

In panels configuration, I put "artist picture" in the right side bar.

Then I put pictures of artists in the artist pictures folder.

They show up in the right sidebar with only half of the picture, I can't even resize the pic.

Artist pictures are just so hard to use I might give up here. Doesn't even seem like there's a lot of support for it, no "paste to artwork' right click function, can't resize the pic, I don't even know what kind of magic this guy used: http://i.imgur.com/D6KusvZ.png to make it look like that.

Also if I'm doing something wrong with the steps above, and there's a better way to add your own artist pictures, please do tell.
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:15:28 AM by rurutia10

redwing

Artist picture element was recently resized to 16:9 ratio.
But you can customize its shape if you stack the element with other elements.

rurutia10

Is that the reason that the bottom of pictures most of the time are being cut off?

"But you can customize its shape if you stack the element with other elements."

Doesn't work I tried with several.  This element just isn't user friendly.

redwing

Is that the reason that the bottom of pictures most of the time are being cut off?

I don't know what's going on without seeing any of your pictures.

When we say "stack" with regard to panel layout configuration, it's referring to "stack" setting. Did you tick "stack" option box both for the element and for other element(s)? If that still doesn't work, post a screenshot of your panel layout configuration.

rurutia10

I don't know what's going on without seeing any of your pictures.

When we say "stack" with regard to panel layout configuration, it's referring to "stack" setting. Did you tick "stack" option box both for the element and for other element(s)? If that still doesn't work, post a screenshot of your panel layout configuration.

It does look much better after stacking it. thanks. How do you make the picture fit perfectly? huge white space at the bottom: http://i.imgur.com/SNP1kRk.png