Author Topic: Make musicbee playlists look in new folder for mp3s  (Read 2488 times)

staggalicous

I am moving my library over to a new playlist. I copied all of my settings over as well, and the links to my songs were broken in my library so, no big deal, deleted the songs in my library and re scanned and got them all back.

The playlists on the other hand are still pointing to the old links for the songs. Is there a way for me to tell it to use the new folder location to look for the files in the playlist? other that clicking every file and locating manually because that would take forever.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am moving my library over to a new playlist. I copied all of my settings over as well, and the links to my songs were broken in my library so, no big deal, deleted the songs in my library and re scanned and got them all back.
If you had used the "Move Library" option available from Library Preferences, you probably would have been better off.  But you say your links were mostly broken, so maybe that would not have helped.

The playlists on the other hand are still pointing to the old links for the songs. Is there a way for me to tell it to use the new folder location to look for the files in the playlist? other that clicking every file and locating manually because that would take forever.
Here's where the Move Library option would have saved you a lot of work.  Now that you've already deleted the library and started fresh, I don't think there's any way to save your playlists other than manually.  I'm sure if there's a way, someone will chime in here.

For the future - move your files from within MB and you won't have issues with missing tracks, broken links, or screwed playlists.  The computer node in the Navigator is your friend.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

a2a

Export your playlist to get the ".m3u" file. Open that file in notepad, then replace the directory leading up to your song names with the new one.

For example:

c:\music\old folder\song one.mp3

Use "find and replace" to change "c:\music\old folder\" to "c:\music\new folder\"

Then import that playlist back into MB?

redwing

Try File> Library> Remap Music Folders command. Probably it would work for playlists as well.

staggalicous

Try File> Library> Remap Music Folders command. Probably it would work for playlists as well.

This was the perfect one step solution! It had a two and from column and two rows, one row to and from my new library location and one row from my old locaton; set the to location to my new library location and boom! fixed!

That you so much, you saved me from doing a lot of unnecessary work!