Author Topic: Support group by setting for Album Covers view  (Read 13139 times)

KissCool

Nice addition. Thanks.

Could you do a simple 0-9, A, B, C....Z grouping header for the artists view, please ? Faster browsing and better look.
That's already part of the new grouping - 'use first letter only'  except it has '#' instead of 0-9.

This is done now.
- its only supported for the album covers view

Unless I'm doing something wrong, there's no grouping header for the Artists view.

Steven

• Administrator
i will be adding first letter grouping for the artist view

Alumni

@Steven
How are diacritic marks and special characters supposed to be handled when grouped by first letter?
I noticed at least a couple artists in my library that are not grouped where I would have expected, for example;

Édith Piaf is filed under É and after E.
'Til Tuesday is filed under # and before T.

Steven

• Administrator
How are diacritic marks and special characters supposed to be handled when grouped by first letter?
i have now included diacritic character handling but for 'Til, you would need to include ' in the ignore for sorting settings in Tags(2) preferences

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

- you can now group albums by first album letter
- you can now group artists by first artist letter
- you can now group by virtual tags
- when grouping by year, you can now set MB to group by decade
- the a-z bar changes to show decades when the main panel is sorted or grouped by year (any view)
- i am not aware of any remaining bugs, so please report anything you find wrong with this functionality

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
- you can now group by virtual tags

Yay, I was hoping for this!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

KissCool

redwing

- i am not aware of any remaining bugs, so please report anything you find wrong with this functionality

When filtered with thumbnail browser, changing grouping setting filters to wrong items.

Steven

• Administrator
When filtered with thumbnail browser, changing grouping setting filters to wrong items.
thats fixed for the next update

KissCool

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Each tabs and/or each view (Artists and Album Covers) should have its own "group by 1st letter" setting.

e.g.: tab 1 = Artists view / Group by Artists - Group by First letter
tab 2 = Album Covers view / Group by Custom Tag (Release Type = Album, EP, Compilation, Live, Maxi Single, Single) - Group by 1st Letter unticked 'cause 1st Letter for my "Release Type" tag doesn't make sense.
Or
just one tab: Artists view (tab 1 layout) -> double clic - > Album Covers view (tab 2 layout). Actually, both view share the same "Group by 1st Letter" setting

Steven

• Administrator
i have split out the Group By First Character setting for the Album Covers and Artist views.
for the Artist view, the setting will need to be reapplied

redwing

thats fixed for the next update

It's fixed. Thanks!

KissCool

Thanks.

Work fine with 2 tabs (one for Artist view, one for Album Covers view)
With 1 tab (Artist view -> double click an artist picture -> Album Covers view), The Album Covers view have no header.
Another bug:
(-> = double click // <- = mouse navigate back button)
Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter -> Album Covers View <- Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter
Now I want Artist view grouped by Album Artists/1st letter-> Album Covers View <- Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter (and not Album Artists)
You have to restart MusicBee each time you switch between Artists/AlbumArtists/Composers

Steven

• Administrator
Work fine with 2 tabs (one for Artist view, one for Album Covers view)
With 1 tab (Artist view -> double click an artist picture -> Album Covers view), The Album Covers view have no header.
thats intentional