Author Topic: External Playlist becomes "invisible" after restarting or folder tree refresh  (Read 2201 times)

peewee678

Version: 2.5.5721

When I create an external playlist (from within MusicBee) and save it in a folder it gets "invisible" after refreshing the folder tree (F5) and also after restarting MusicBee. It only shows up again after closing MusicBee, renaming the folder (in a file manager), and restarting MusicBee again but a restart after that (or refresh of the tree) will make it invisible again, etc.
Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:39:36 PM by peewee678

redwing

Do you mean exported playlist? And in m3u format?
In that case use import playlist command under File> Playlists.

peewee678

Thanks Redwing but It's not about "Exported playlists" but "External Playlist" (Right click track > Send to > Playlist > External PLaylist.
I'm not using a library so it's not about importing but just showing the contents of a folder with a playlist in it (.m3u indeed) in the folder tree.

You made it clear to me (in another post) it's of no use to post v2.5.xxxx bugs so it's not really important anymore (although I don't know if this bug occurs in v3). I'll try v3 today.

Steven

• Administrator
i removed the functionality to show playlists in the computer folder tree for v3 so it will be worse for you. I am not planning to support that functionality going forward

peewee678

Thanks for the reply Steven! It's not a problem anymore since I started using auto-playlists; those are very powerful and much more handy to use (auto update).

MusicBee is new to me (after years of using WinAmp+MEXP) and I've been quite busy the past few days to customize it and finding the workflow that best suites me.
Thanks for this great piece of software!

redwing