Author Topic: Switchable interface/ways of browsing files  (Read 1018 times)

Orion

May I make a suggestion for the next update ?

In the current version, one can open multiple tabs and partly customise their appearance (for example, album cover view in the main panel of the first tab / only tracks in the main panel of the second). It would be even better if one could also change the categories and width of the column browser from one tab to another (for example, year and country in the first / country and conductor in the second, etc.).
Example 1 : The general music configuration I would like to have in the first tab

Example 2 : A classical music configuration that could be in a second tab, allowing to swith between the two without having to reconfigure the column browser (which I had to do to take the screenshot).

I hope you understand what I mean...
Do you think such improvements could be easily introduced ? Or is it hard to do for you ?
All I would like to know is if I can hope for such an improvement or if I should just forget about it.

Until such a feature is available, I think I may cheat and use both Version 2.5 and 3.0 but with different configuration, using 2.5 for Classical Music and 3.0 for other genres. Yet, that's not very convenient...

Thank you very much for your attention and all your good and dedicated work on MusicBee !