Author Topic: Thumbnail Browser before Column Browser to narrow down the choice  (Read 2707 times)

Orion

I'm sorry if it has already been asked and answered to, but I didn't found any thread about it...

I'm willing to organise MusicBee V.3.0 this way :
Left Sidebar : Library Explorer to select the genre
Then, Left Main Panel : Thumbnail Browser to select between the remaining artists who correspond to the selected genre
Then, in the Main Pannel : 1. Vertical Column Browser to select the musical work (ex : Symphony No.**)
                                        2. Files Panel with a Cover and Tracks view to select the interpretation (ex : which conductor conducted the symphony)

Yet, I'm facing a problem : once the Artist is selected in the Thumbnail Panel (which is on the Left Main Panel), if you click on a category in the Column Browser (which is in the Main Panel), clicking on it erases the artist you have already selected.

Ex : I select the artist (Rachmaninov), then I have a list of all his symphonies (Symphony No.1, Symphony No.2, etc.) that appears in the Column Browser, but when I click on symphony No.1, instead of narrowing the search to display only all the interpretations of Rachmaninov's Symphony No.1, I can see all the Symphonies No.1 of my collection (that of Beethoven, Brahms, Tchaikovsky and all of those that composed one...).

Is there a way to associate the Thumbnail Browser and the Column Browser in order to gradualy narrow down the search the way I'd like ?

Thank you very much in advance for you help in this matter.

redwing

Orion

I would like to use it the select the work, which is tagged as "Album".

redwing

As long as your files are tagged consistently, it should work. I would suggest you close all other browsers except horizontal column browser. And select those fields (genre, artist, album, conductor) for column browser and see if that filtering works.

redwing

I can replicate the problem. It doesn't work properly as you described when column browser is placed right to thumbnail browser. It displays filtered items correctly, but clicking on any item resets everything.

Orion

It works when I do it this way. It doesn't with the Thumbnail Browser (which is necessarily in the Left Main Panel if I want it to be before the Album Vertical Column Browser : if I set the two of them in the Main Panel, the Thumbnail Browser automaticaly goes after the column browser).

Orion

I can replicate the problem. It doesn't work properly as you described when column browser is placed right to thumbnail browser. It displays filtered items correctly, but clicking on any item resets everything.

So I guess you can't do anything... :/
Do you thing it could be changed in the next updates easily or it's no use I bother Steven with it... ?

redwing

It's a bug that should be fixed. Why don't you report it to the GUI 3.0 thread?