Author Topic: Escape key doesn't close the settings dialog (v 3.0.5874)  (Read 2453 times)

carloscs

MusicBee (v 3.0.5874)

As on subject: pressing the Escape key doesn't close the settings dialog.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure it never has.

If this is something you want, please post it in the Wishlist sub-forum, but that's doesn't mean it will get added.  The Wishlist sub-form is more like a repository of requests. But since they're all in one place, Steven can periodically review them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

carloscs

All the other dialogs I could open with a quick test (File Organizer, Rip, Auto Tag) close with the escape key.

I like apps to be consistent, and having only the settings dialog not close with the Escape key feels strange...

-> I'm pretty sure it never has.

Opened 2.5 just to test this and Escape key closes the settings dialog.

phred

• Global Moderator
All the other dialogs I could open with a quick test (File Organizer, Rip, Auto Tag) close with the escape key.

I like apps to be consistent, and having only the settings dialog not close with the Escape key feels strange...
Judging from Steven's reply, this is with intent.

-> I'm pretty sure it never has.

Opened 2.5 just to test this and Escape key closes the settings dialog.
While that may be so, v3 settings have not closed with the ESC key for as long as I've used it. 
Again, if it's important to you, add it to the Wishlist.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

carloscs

Replying to your post was going into a wall of text about several things, so I'll abstain.

I'll just say two things:

- For me lack of UI consistency in an app is a bug and I'll report it as a bug. It's for the app owner to decide on whether it's so, as it seems Steve has decided.

- Please don't add noise to threads. I posted three bug reports and on two of them you just added noise with little positive content to the discussion.