Author Topic: File Organizer doesn't add files to library when they aren't changed on disk  (Read 2508 times)

carloscs

MusicBee (v 3.0.5874)

File Organizer doesn't add files to library when they aren't moved/renamed.

I'm doing some "in place" file reorganizing: the music files to reorganize are already in the correct file system directories BUT are not included in the library.

If I invoke File Organizer with "add to library" checked, only files that will be renamed/moved are added to the library.

Files with no changes appear in the File Organizer dialog unchecked, are not added to the library and have to be added subsequently with the "Send To -> Music Library" command.

phred

• Global Moderator
Try using File > Add Files to Library
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
yeah i am not sure i agree this is a bug and as phred mentions there are other suitable commands for this

Steven

• Administrator
on reflection i have changed my mind and will include any file in the organisation path to be added to the library if that option is enabled

edit:
thats done for the next v3 update
Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:24:36 PM by Steven

carloscs

Hmm, I would call it a bug...

I select some files, invoke File Organizer with "add to library" checked and only some of the files are added to the library. There have been cases (specially when an album has lots of tracks) where I haven't noticed the "missing" library files until some time later.

Either add all the files or none of them. And IMHO adding all the files is the correct option, as it's the action chosen by the user.

Right now, I have "add to library" unchecked, as the behavior is not reliable.

Note that for most users this does not happen, as Inbox files aren't usually in the same place as library files. It just happens that I'm rebuilding my library "in place".

EDIT: oops, never mind - while writing my answer went to coffee and didn't see your answer until after I posted mine. Thanks for the change.