Author Topic: "preserve folder and file names" reverted to old behavior  (Read 4820 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This was fixed previously, but in 3.0 when using "preserve folder and file names" for sync MB is producing paths like Music\Music\..., and Podcasts\User\Music\Podcasts...

Fields are set to
Music\*
Audiobooks\*
Video\*
Podcasts\*

I am expecting it to match the library organization structure, which in my case should result in paths like Music\A\Alanis Morissette\...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i havent changed anything for months since the reported bug was fixed.
Keep in mind the path is relative to the root folder(s) you include in the synch list. So if the list of included music files now includes a file from one or more levels closer to the root of the drive, the entire synched hierarchy is shifted down one level which appears to be case for you ie. you probably now have a synched file in the Music folder

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Huh.  I'll have a look and see if I can figure out the problem.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I really can't find anything to explain why this is happening.  All audio files are tucked away in their proper folders.  And when I do a sync preview I get inconsistent results like this:

I will try to gather more specifics tomorrow.  The only thing I can think of right now is that it has to do with the fact that I originally had MB pointed to a different user folder when I installed on this computer.  But I'm 99% sure I've changed that everywhere in settings.

Added: Also, podcasts are syncing to two different directories.  I know what the difference is between the one file that is syncing correctly and the others, though.  The one in the correct place I had added manually (by drag & drop) earlier tonight, because it had become unlinked.

Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:42:23 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i think i will make a change so you explicity can enter the source root path that the files will be relatiive to or just always use the organised library root path

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's probably a good idea :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed the behavior so when
(a) your library is auto-organised then the file paths are synched and preserved relative to the root music/ audiobook folder
(b) for libraries not organised the existing algorithm is used where MB will find the lowest level file paths and use that as the base

podcasts are always organised but internally MB use method (b)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks!  That's fixed the problem with Music.

However, podcasts are still syncing to [Device]\Podcasts\User\Music\Podcasts.  Except for the one that was correctly syncing to [Device]\Podcasts, which is now syncing to [Device]\Music\Podcasts\User\Music\Podcasts.  All of the original files are in the same folder on my drive ([User]\Music\Podcasts, which is on the same directory level as [User]\Music\Music and [User]\Music\Audiobooks).

Perhaps MB should take into account the podcast download folder in settings the same way it does the auto-organize structure (in my case C:\Users\[User]\Music\Podcasts\)

Tangent: MB has produced 7 corrupted subscriptions files just since last night (to be fair I was moving things around and cleaning them up a lot last night.  But that seems excessive...)
Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:31:47 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update i have changed the podcasts sync to always use the root library podcasts folder as the base for the relative paths