Author Topic: Can you help me with my config?  (Read 2687 times)

Adrien

Hi everyone,
I discovered MusicBee yesterday. I must admit that this software seems very easy to customize, I tried several configurations but I have not managed to reach my goal.
Can you help me to customize the left column? I want it to look like my old foobar configuration : http://imgbox.com/dP9EhH7I
The album cover on top and the navigation tabs for artists, albums and genres below.

hiccup

Welcome to MusicBee and it's forum Adrien.

You probably installed the current official release v2.x?
What you want to achieve I think is not possible in v2, but it is very simple to do with v3.
v3 is currently in beta and under development, but you can install it on top of your current v2 installation without risk.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.0

Adrien

I managed to have a very similar configuration. Unfortunately the library explorer in the left main panel is not updated based on my research in the main panel. The thumbnail browser can do this but I don't need covers.
Is there a way to connect my research of the main panel to the library explorer or disable covers with the thumbnail browser? 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is there a way to connect my research of the main panel to the library explorer or disable covers with the thumbnail browser?

If you use the column browser instead of the thumbnail browser, it has no covers.  You can make it vertical just like the thumbnail browser.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Adrien

If you use the column browser instead of the thumbnail browser, it has no covers.  You can make it vertical just like the thumbnail browser.

Sorry to borrow you but can you make a screenshot? I can only put the vertical column browser in the main panel and after that I can't put the artwork above like pic related.
Edit : It's pretty much what you said, sorry.