Author Topic: Skinned Background / Wave Bar including Title (Example)  (Read 8241 times)

KangNi

Hello there,

long time ago I already was asking if there is any possibility to create a skin with included full-sized background image like shown in the following mock-ups.
I still did not updated to version 3 so the screenshots are based on MB version 2.

Because I never create a MB skin by my own, I am not aware about if that what is shown below is possible in Version 3 now.
If not - it would be awesome if the developers would create a possibility to give us an option for such kind of skins ...

http://imgur.com/a/m5SH1

Furthermore I modified the Wave Bar that it's shown the current playing track title - currently it's impossible configure the layout like shown above.

How you think about?

Greetings
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:59:37 PM by KangNi

AvikB

+1 if Steven adds this, then there is a possibility of having artist images being downloaded and shown in the background too.

Iasc

I requested both a few years ago. +1 for the background images.
Steven tried the track information in the wavebar but the results did not work well so i doubt he will try it again.
Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:42:44 AM by iasc

Alumni

To expand on this suggestion, it would be cool if bitmap based skins could support a wavebar in the main player, even if it requires skin authors to modify their skins accordingly.

AvikB

Steven tried the track information in the wavebar but the results did not work well so i doubt he will try it again.
It could be just a panel with textbox with transparent background overlapping the wavebar. It is pretty easy in wpf. But it is not MUST NEEDED feature though.

KangNi

Hi

It could be just a panel with textbox with transparent background overlapping the wavebar. It is pretty easy in wpf. But it is not MUST NEEDED feature though.

Are there any news about or aspirations to still get this working?
How about the background wallpaper?

Would be great if this could become implemented.

Maybe this thread should become moved by someone to the wishlist.

Thanks and Greetings.
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:47:04 AM by cycon

Sofocl

I also think the topic should be moved to wishlist.
In MediaMonkey it is possible to set the background image;
(Huge potential for aesthetics)

Sorry for my bad English.

calderino

+1

If this is ever done, it would be nice to specify a folder, and it would cycle through the images (one image every 5, 10, 30 minutes, etc...)