Author Topic: How Do I Delete Folders or Files from Library?  (Read 10085 times)

LyleKelp

This may be obvious but I have looked and looked  and I cannot find a way to delete or remove files or folders from the Library

Pingaware

As in just removing them from the library but not the computer? Just select them all and press delete, and you should get a dialogue box asking if you want to permanently delete them or just remove them from the library.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

LyleKelp

did not work. any other program I have I just right click and then pick "Delete" I only seem to be able to delete from the "Player" but not the library

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It sounds like you're deleting them from the now playing list.  You have to be in the music node and delete them via the main panel.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LyleKelp

What i was saying was the "playlist" was the only place i could find an option to delete.
I realise that will not remove them from the library

Removing them permanently from the Muscibee Library is what I actually want to do.

I've used Winamp Media Player and reluctantly iTunes
and  never had this problem
Am i missing something incredibly obvious?
Is it because I'm using Windows 10 (PC)?

Still looking for the answer
Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator

What i was saying was the "playlist" was the only place i could find an option to delete.
I realise that will not remove them from the library

Removing them permanently from the Muscibee Library is what I actually want to do.

I've used Winamp Media Player and reluctantly iTunes
and  never had this problem
Am i missing something incredibly obvious?
Is it because I'm using Windows 10 (PC)?

Still looking for the answer
Thanks
Make sure you're in the Main Panel.  Select the album or track(s) you wish to delete and right-click.  Delete will be one of the options in the menu that opens. Select Delete and you'll be presented with a twp-option window: Delete from Library only or Delete from Library and Computer.  Select the one you want and click Yes.  It works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, please post of screen shot of the area you're trying to delete from.  Screenshot help: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16499.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Make sure you're in the Main Panel.  Select the album or track(s) you wish to delete and right-click.  Delete will be one of the options in the menu that opens. Select Delete and you'll be presented with a twp-option window: Delete from Library only or Delete from Library and Computer.  Select the one you want and click Yes.  It works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, please post of screen shot of the area you're trying to delete from.  Screenshot help: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16499.0

Just pressing the Delete key SHOULD also work.  If it doesn't, you've probably changed some confirmation options in Preferences > General and need to reset them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LyleKelp

Thanks i got it was trying to delete from the wrong section
Had the proper section Closed....Daaaa :)