Author Topic: Music Bee 3 .74 1 detected as a virus by windows 10  (Read 4000 times)

Chaython

Music Bee 3 beta .74 detected as a virus by windows 10
bad for new people wanting to switch over
The latest MusicBee patches.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
No problems here
Maybe you need to update your definitions as posted here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17542.msg104349#new
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Someone else reported that windows defender blocked an install (or perhaps the download.)  Also, that's an old version, so try the latest and see if the same thing happens.  You could always run the .exe through Virus Total to confirm that it's good:  https://www.virustotal.com/en/
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
its usually the bass dll's or bass plugins that trigger this because of the way his dll files are compressed. I recently added bass_alac.dll so i expect its probably that one.
@Chayton, could you confirm that was the case?
If so i will let the bass developer know

Chaython

I'm unsure, as it quarantined/deletes the entire zip and doesn't really say why...
THe neweer versions and older versions are all good, but that specific version is blocked by Windows
Category: Trojan: WIn32/Spursint.A

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\LocalCopy\{DDE20673-F2F7-4ADB-8C36-ACC052631FA3}-MusicBee_Setup_3_0_5874.zip
The latest MusicBee patches.

Gilgamesh

Same for me. Defender on Windows 10 reports Trojan Spursint.A and blocks the download. Definitions are up to date.