Author Topic: <SOLVED> In my Library=Music, can't find all my searched artists  (Read 4010 times)

ElsaP

Hello everyone.
Here is my problem.

One of my latest albums can't be found by MusicBee when I look for the artists. Here is what I do:
- select "Music" top left corner under "Library - MusicBee"
- Under the mag glass, I type "Lindsey Stirling"
I have 1 album, which is stored (on a NAS, does it matter ?), it is stored on \\MyNAS\music\<date>\Lindsey Stirling - Live From London. It is not displayed when I look for it.

I can go in the "Computer" section (left column), I click on it, and my files are of course correctly tagged by me. I have "Artist" = "Lindsey Stirling"

Same thing when I use the 3 panels "Year"/"Album Artist"/"Album". I keep "Year"=All, "Album Artist": I can't find "Lindsey Stirling".

(I use the Faded skin) What am I doing wrong ? :(

Thank you.
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:29:30 PM by ElsaP

redwing

That means that track is neither in your library nor in inbox, if the search is set to global.
Select the track, right-click and Send to, then see if either music library or inbox is grayed out. If both places are available, that means your library setting has not imported the track either to library or to inbox. 

ElsaP

Thank you for this info.
Right-click: "Send To", "Music Library" and "Inbox" are available.
Looking into the settings then...

In Options, I have "Library" --> "monitored folders" = "san on strtup only" but I added this album, in a folder, some time ago already...

redwing

Do you mean the track is located in one of the monitored folders and starting MB does not import the track?

ElsaP

Do you mean the track is located in one of the monitored folders and starting MB does not import the track?

HAH! For some reason the box "monitored folders" was empty ?! I added my folders, and did MusicBee --> File --> Scan Folders for new files, to force the scan.
I guess/hope it will solve my problem.

ElsaP

It worked!
Thank you for the help, redwing. Muchos appreciated! Have a good day.