Author Topic: Importing playlists from Mac to Windows 7 (music stored on Mac)  (Read 1611 times)

yetiboy

I've seen some similar topics in my searches, but nothing that hits on my problem.

I have MusicBee installed on a PC running Windows 7 and have my music on a MacBook Pro running El Capitan. I'm using iTunes on the Mac and want to export my playlists for use with MusicBee. I created a playlist of only a single song so you can see what my issue is.

Here is what my playlist looks like from iTunes:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:324,Depraved - Anberlin
/Volumes/Data/iTunes/iTunes Music/Anberlin/Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place/10 Depraved.mp3

If I create the identical playlist in MusicBee, this is what it looks like:

M:\iTunes Music\Anberlin\Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place\10 Depraved.mp3

When I attempted to import it, MusicBee said it couldn't. So I figured, just flip the slashes and change /Volumes/Data/iTunes/ to M:\, right? Wrong. If I change it to this:

#EXTM3U
M:\iTunes Music\Anberlin\Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place\10 Depraved.mp3

the playlist will actually import (ie. it shows up under the playlists) - but it's empty. So I figured that the issue is all this crap leading up to the path:

#EXTM3U

I've tried deleting individual lines, it doesn't help. Both have to be gone in order for the file to be read. The first is easy - I can use Find/Replace to get rid of it. The problem is the second line, since it's different for every single song.

I don't care about any data (eg. # of plays), I just don't want to have to recreate the playlists, and going through the file and individually deleting those lines would basically be the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

redwing

Notepad++ can do it in a second.

- Search> Mark...
- tick "Bookmark line" option, find "#EXT"
- Search> Bookmark > Remove bookmarked lines

yetiboy

Thank you!

Turns out I was also having a carriage return/linefeed issue (UNIX to Windows) but I managed to figure that out quickly and have playlists working now.