Author Topic: How to stop autotagging  (Read 2697 times)

Bradex

I am using portable MB v2.5.5804.

It seems that MB has autotagged the songs which I have painfully manually tagged over the years. I don't remember enabling autotagging in MB. Is the feature enabled by default? If so, how can I disable it?

Steven

• Administrator
there is no setting to automatically change file tags themselves, nor does musicbee auto-tag files without some action by yourself eg. running an auto-tag command which has a dialog window, enabling auto-download and save of artwork in the Tags(2) preferences.
There are plugins that can automatically update tags but you would know whether you installled such a plugin.
Also it might be another player eg. just opening Windows Media Player can cause files to be updated
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:44:11 AM by Steven

AvikB

if you use windows media player uncheck this options otherwise it will auto tag.

Bradex

Thanks for the info!

I found that some of the settings under Tags (2) auto-tagging were ticked.

Steven

• Administrator
none of those settings actually change tag values ie. its only artwork and lyrics that you can potentially have automatically saved

Bradex

On a closer look I agree with Steven that it seems unlikely that MB is the culprit. Possibly it is due to WMP or some other player which I was trying in the past.