Author Topic: Monaural (light theme) for MusicBee v3.0 (updated Sep. 20)  (Read 17185 times)

Alumni

A new light themed skin compatible with MusicBee v3.0.
Follow this thread for future updates.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/ngnfwzlo3jxjq17tw34oxct9b8rsmtx7

Credits: Bitmap icons designed by endeavour1934.

Fonts: http://www.latofonts.com/

Click thumbnail for full size preview.

Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:53:41 PM by Alumni

gpzbc

Nice!  I was just looking for a light theme.  Thanks!

Alumni

Please note:
I've updated the skin today with improvements to the now playing node (requires the latest MusicBee patch).
I also added a couple skin variations some users might prefer.

AvikB

one of the best and clean skin i ever used, really nice :)

one request, why not use those wireframe control buttons for the miniplayer too!

Alumni

one of the best and clean skin i ever used, really nice :)
Glad you like it.

one request, why not use those wireframe control buttons for the miniplayer too!
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Steven

• Administrator
i think it means the same style of player buttons as the main panel. If you do want to do this i would need to add support in the mini-player with new icon overrides

TheHunter101

It crashed the MusicBee, I use the latest beta 3.0.5874.

Log:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Point point)
   at #=q2nBjYOTrTeaMjjog3pLrCfPGUcmOc_frEMQeYCouXSTSzBGNTb4Y0GCb87tnRn41..ctor(Boolean #=qGsKHgv2Je21iRLUcV5TljA==, Boolean #=qR9MmUJlnhYZTMbgvd$fhIQ==)
   at #=qP79FiVI5FhccbKAh7Z2Q0lNC2GNMYO8FmC1S8zUAISg=..ctor(IList`1 #=qL4YT3xlKF3ARgwia4_eQPA==)
   at #=qP79FiVI5FhccbKAh7Z2Q0lNC2GNMYO8FmC1S8zUAISg=.#=qPeyzkye7$yuU848tCEggWG9JnbLpvn0odRqaJoAa$7I=.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs #=qZHPfU5x28VEZVc9gW9PYIQ==)

Alumni

It crashed the MusicBee, I use the latest beta 3.0.5874.

I'm afraid there's not much I can do, but maybe Steven can help.

Please note:
Skin updated today, with a few fixes and improvements.

Steven

• Administrator
@TheHunter101, could you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

AvikB

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

i think it means the same style of player buttons as the main panel. If you do want to do this i would need to add support in the mini-player with new icon overrides

Yeah thats what i mean. Since new icon styles are clashing with the old icon style i think it is best to have the same consistency between player modes.

thebradlambert

Normally I am totally disinterested by light skins, but this one takes everything I love about your Duophonic skin and wraps it up in a bright fashion. Awesome work, yet again!

However there is the same issue that I pointed out about the Duophonic skin where the Wavebar doesn't match the rest of the sidebar. Also the status bar's text is super hard to read – don't make it black, I like how you were aiming to keep it subtle but a few shades darker in grey would do the trick!

I hope to see these changes implemented, please keep contributing to MusicBee 3.0 skin options. You've got an eye for design, my man.

Alumni

@thebradlambert
I'm glad you like it. The wavebar is fixed, and this modified version addresses the status bar: https://app.box.com/s/n39636l04zjd5bflqiomf3espd8gu9dm

phred

• Global Moderator
@alumni - I thought I was familiar with the v3 layout config panel until I saw your screenshot for this skin.  It appears the the small album art is part of the main panel's tracks view, correct?  I can't figure out a) how to get the line spacing that you're showing; and b) how to get the album art where it is.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

@alumni - I thought I was familiar with the v3 layout config panel until I saw your screenshot for this skin.  It appears the the small album art is part of the main panel's tracks view, correct?  I can't figure out a) how to get the line spacing that you're showing; and b) how to get the album art where it is.

Thanks.

Yeah it's easy to miss, and I think it was added fairly recently as a kind of tracks with thumbnails layout.
When you're in Tracks view, click the submenu again and then click on artwork (under displayed fields), and click medium picture.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yeah it's easy to miss, and I think it was added fairly recently as a kind of tracks with thumbnails layout.
When you're in Tracks view, click the submenu again and then click on artwork (under displayed fields), and click medium picture.
Got it.  I must've looked at that submenu a dozen times after I decided it wasn't configured from the Panel Config menu.  And I still missed it.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here