Author Topic: Setting constraints not consistant  (Read 4228 times)

sleepless

Please bear with me here as I'm completely new to this stuff. Could someone explain why it is that when an object is anchored to the panel edge, a constraint works fine. However if the anchor is the Panel.Center or a Panel.% the constraint doesn't work (object extends all the way to the end). Here's 2 examples:

1. works:<element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.Center" y="0"  widthDock="Panel" width="-50" height="20" bg="250,0,250" ></element>
  fails:<element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.Center" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.Center" y="0"  widthDock="Panel" width="-50" height="20" bg="250,0,250" ></element>

2. works:<element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.Center" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.Top" y="0"  width="20" heightDock="Panel" height="-50" bg="0,0,250" ></element>
    fails:   <element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.Center" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.20" y="0"  width="20" heightDock="Panel" height="-50" bg="0,0,250" ></element>

Here are the 2 that work:

and the 2 that don't:

This issue is causing me a lot of problems in trying to create a new TM.xml.  Any help here would me much appreciated.

EDIT:

I realized that using the prefix X: or Y: when setting the widh/heightDock value works, BUT if there is an align="" command (the sme element from the opposite side panel), the object doesn't appear at all.

works:<element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.20" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.Center" y="0"  widthDock="X:Panel.Right" width="-50" height="20" bg="250,0,250" ></element>
fails: <element  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.80" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.Center" y="0"  widthDock="X:Panel.Left" width="-50" height="20" align="Top.Right" bg="250,0,250" ></element>
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:34:10 PM by sleepless

redwing

Instead of

widthDock="Panel"
heightDock="Panel"

use

widthDock="X:Panel.Right"
heightDock="Y:Panel.Bottom"

sleepless

ha, yeah i figured that out (just edited my original post) but now a new problem: align commands result in no object being displayed at all. (see above)

redwing

Looks like it only works with a fixed value of width with that align setting.
FYI there are many flaws and limitations with TM elements because only a few work on this and this is a very low priority in Steven's to-do list.
If you need a new element or a fix for existing elements, post such a wish and wait (sometimes for months and years).