Author Topic: A few things/bugs regarding bluetooth headphones  (Read 4663 times)

landcross

Hey,

A few days ago I bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones, the Sony XB950BT to be precise.
I've got 2 things that I noticed that I would qualify as bugs:
- The headphone has play/pause/stop and forward & backward buttons. The forward, backward and stop buttons work as they should in Musicbee. The play/pause however doesn't work. At first I thought it was a problem with Windows's driver, but the play/pause works fine in Windows 10's standard music player (Groove). So, I suppose the problem lays with Musicbee.
- This one is a little more vague, I need to do some more testing to find out what really is the problem. But, there is a certain combination of changing Windows's audio-output (disconnecting/connecting the headphones), Musicbee in the background/foreground and if there's either music playing or not. But, it makes Musicbee crash. As I said, I have to do some trial and error to see what the exact ingredients are for this crash, but it happened a bunch of times already since I got these headphones. I'll add a post here when I know more.

If you need any more info (besides the exact reason for the crash of course), let me know :)

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator

landcross

Well, that's a short and straight to the point answer :P
What's the reason you won't be able to help? I guess because you don't have any bluetooth headphones?

redwing

Steven as a one-man dev can't afford the time to look into a device-specific issues. If you investigate the issue and tell him what to do specifically, then he might help.

landcross

I understand completely that there is only 1 man developing Musicbee, and that he's probably very busy with the V3 (which reminds me, I'll see if my problems are fixed in V3).
However, I believe both of my problems are not device-specific.
But, as I said, I'll do some more testing (probably this evening or tomorrow) :)

jfbled

I have the same exact problem with Motorola S305 headphones

hihufumab

If the headphones have a volume control, set the volume on the source to a high level and use the volume on the headphones to adjust the volume to the desired listening level. Because sometimes the volume is low and you think that there is issue in media player. If volume is OK and still the issue is not resolved then use Sony Mdr-xb950bt Manual to diagnose and troubleshoot your head set. This is helpful to you!