Author Topic: Stopping data from downloading  (Read 4727 times)

Rareitor

Hello there, I am new to this software and am currently trying to figure various pieces of it out.

So, a problem: I have tried to disable anything that would download tags automatically, but for some reason I still find that Artist Covers and Lyrics are appearing both on the player itself and as data inside the main settings folder. I am fairly certain that none of the files in my library have either if these kinds of data embedded, and therefore do not see why the program is downloading things I do not want it to.
Is this some feature that cannot be turned off, or something buggy?

Thank you

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is controlled in Tags (2) Preferences.  Lyrics and artwork are downloaded on the fly but NOT saved to the files, by default.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Rareitor

I see, I had tried the settings there before but saw no change. In the end, is it not possible to stop Musicbee from downloading these files anyway?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you post a screenshot of that settings page?  You should be able to turn it off.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Rareitor

I'm afraid I can find no option to post images. I believe that would be because I am new?

Rareitor

Ah yes, sorry about that, the version is 2.5.5804

Here are both screenshots, and to the left the very problem, artist images I do not want downloaded that still appear:

redwing

I see. "Artwork" in settings refers to album cover not those artist images in thumbnail browser. Those images are only saved as cache and won't touch any of your music files. If you don't want to see it, you'd better use column browser instead as thumbnail browser is only useful for enjoying those thumbs.

Rareitor

I see, thank you for your help.
Something else though, when they are not saved as images in the Library folder (under Artist Pictures - Thumbs) where would they be?

redwing

Rareitor

Ah, a shame that it has to do that anyway, I'd rather it didn't cache anything but embedded Album Art, or more importantly download stuff without me actually telling it to. I can only hope future versions will integrate that option.

Steven

• Administrator
no would never provide that option. As redwing said, if its a concern to you that pictures are downloaded then dont use panels or views that show artist pictures

Rareitor

It is not so much the download itself, but that it happens without my direct input when in contrast with Album Art there are options to directly control it. It is a minor thing though in the end, I can live with it when the actual features I use effectively so far function without issue.

Thank you for clarifying nonetheless.