Author Topic: Player is Automatically Creating Playlists (Without Me Wanting It To)  (Read 1807 times)

Mino

Hi all,

Newbie here with my first question. I've installed the latest version of Musicbee and from the get go it has been automatically creating playlists from album folders under my main music folder. This is really annoying and after deleting them all manually they were back again the next time I rebooted and opened Musicbee. I've rooted around in the player and looked at all of the different settings/preferences and googled the problem but I can't find a way to turn this off. Suggestions? And is there a way to delete all of the playlists in one go without having to do so one by one?

Thanks!
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:47:03 PM by Mino

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

MB would import existing playlists from your music folders, but it doesn't create new ones.  Are there new I playlists already in the folders?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mino

Thanks.

Right; that's what it did with the previous versions, but this time it is creating playlists from some of (about 100) the album folders. I've just looked and yes, there are some M3U playlist files, but they weren't there before and I don't know how the hell that happened.  Would simply be a matter of deleting them and things should return to normal?

EDIT: Since writing the above, I have deleted all M3U playlist files and rescanned my folders and the playlists are still in Musicbee as well as some new ones!
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:16:44 AM by Mino

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Once MB has imported them, you'll have to delete them from the playlist folder as well the original source.  I suggest you do a search in Windows explorer to find & delete all the playlists (maybe check for other formats, too), then find your mb playlist folder and delete the versions there (probably mbp format).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mino

Great, that's done it. Thanks very much. While we are on the subject of playlists, I've noticed that the 'save list to' option - i.e. the option to save the a playlist to an M3U file in a folder is missing. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Is it still part of the player or is there another option?