Author Topic: DarkMOD for MusicBee  (Read 47400 times)

blidmink

Thx a lot, now it works perfectly!

Here are my suggestions for future improvements:

1. Track information panel in Now Playing tab is now still in purple/plum color from the default skin. I guess it would look much nicer if it was coloured as well.
2. Progress bar could be coloured with the tones of the header bar as well (instead of being black & white)

Thanks heaps for these suggestions, I'll look at getting these implemented this evening (site time).

MewCore

One more suggestion - could you make the scroll bar handle a bit thicker and more visible?
I'm can position the mouse pointer a few pixels next to the scroll handle and it still scrolls. The "click" area is wider then the visual representation of the handle itself, so why not adjust it?
Hope this makes sense :D

blidmink

One more suggestion - could you make the scroll bar handle a bit thicker and more visible?
I'm can position the mouse pointer a few pixels next to the scroll handle and it still scrolls. The "click" area is wider then the visual representation of the handle itself, so why not adjust it?
Hope this makes sense :D

I think I know what you mean. Personally I like the minimal, thin look of the scroll bars, but I'll have a play around and see what I can do.

blidmink

Version 1.0.7 of the theme is now live, just redownload the theme again at the same URL: http://albertnis.com/php/darkmod/index.html

Changes:
- Highlight colour and variations are now found in the now playing screen and on the now playing popup.
- Progress bar changed from black/white to dark/light. EDIT: I revised the update when I realised this change makes the wavebar have barely any contrast. Progress bar colours are now white/dark. Still a bit nicer than white/black I think. Ideally the wave bar and progress bar would be styled separately but as far as I am aware this is not the case.
- Revised splash screen.
- Script now generates coloured check tick image resources. This is slightly experimental; let me know if you have any issues.
- Scroll bars are now thicker by a couple of pixels. For those of you like myself who prefer super-narrow scroll bars, enable narrow scrollbars in Preferences -> Layout (1).

The new progress bar has a little bit more contrast than your mockup, HHM, because I think it looks a tad clearer. However I'm open to further changes so let me know if you'd rather make one of the progress colour the actual highlight colour, as per your mockup, for that seamless look.
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:01:33 AM by blidmink

MewCore

Wow, mighty impressive! Tnx for the scroll-bars :)
This is the best v3 skin by far!

There is one issue I noticed - check marks are less and less visible, darker the skin variant is. If it's completely black there is no way to see them in the menus.

("add to library" is selected and "mark and send duplicates to the Inbox")

Maybe you could add some rules to make them brighter than the color of the skin itself?

HHM

- Progress bar changed from black/white to dark/light. EDIT: I revised the update when I realised this change makes the wavebar have barely any contrast. Progress bar colours are now white/dark. Still a bit nicer than white/black I think. Ideally the wave bar and progress bar would be styled separately but as far as I am aware this is not the case.

The new progress bar has a little bit more contrast than your mockup, HHM, because I think it looks a tad clearer. However I'm open to further changes so let me know if you'd rather make one of the progress colour the actual highlight colour, as per your mockup, for that seamless look.

Just after I suggested this change for progress bar's colours into light/dark I thought that there may be a contrast problem with both very dark and very light skin colours.
However this seamless look would look amazing with a "safe" (not too dark or light) color pick : - )

Anyways - your skin is already brilliant!

blidmink

Wow, mighty impressive! Tnx for the scroll-bars :)
This is the best v3 skin by far!

There is one issue I noticed - check marks are less and less visible, darker the skin variant is. If it's completely black there is no way to see them in the menus.

Maybe you could add some rules to make them brighter than the color of the skin itself?
Thanks for this, quite an oversight on my part. I guess it's been affecting the radio button check colour all along, as they're defined by colour rather than image. What makes the black example worse is that because of the way the PHP script is generating transparent PNGs, black actually becomes transparent and disappears! I'll implement some sort of brightness checker in the script.

Just after I suggested this change for progress bar's colours into light/dark I thought that there may be a contrast problem with both very dark and very light skin colours.
However this seamless look would look amazing with a "safe" (not too dark or light) color pick : - )

Anyways - your skin is already brilliant!
The seamless look definitely has its merits. I think I'll leave it as it is for now, but if you'd like to change it yourself, you can always open up the skin xml and change the "fg" attribute of the "PlayerFlat.ProgressBar" element to "Highlight".

HHM

worked like a charm, thx!

is it possible to colour the highlighted element as well?

blidmink

worked like a charm, thx!

is it possible to colour the highlighted element as well?

Change the "fg" of "PlayerFlat.ProgressButton" to "Highlight"

HHM

Change the "fg" of "PlayerFlat.ProgressButton" to "Highlight"

yassssssss!!!111 :33333

MechTa

Awesome skin. Not sure if it bothers anyone else but I edited the skin xml so that non-downloaded podcast episodes are not alternating colors.

Changed the line:
   <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled" bg="Bg-High" fg="180,180,180" />
to:
  <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled" bg="Bg-High" fg="120,120,120" />

bwat47

Lydky

Hi,

I use DarkMOD skins since the beginning of the project. Unfortunately, the site seems down. Is there any chance of a comeback? I really miss it.

blidmink

Hi,

I use DarkMOD skins since the beginning of the project. Unfortunately, the site seems down. Is there any chance of a comeback? I really miss it.

Howdy, thanks for your post. Looks like my web host is having some technical issues right now and for the last couple of weeks. For now, waiting is the best advice I can give, I'm afraid! I'll keep an eye on the situation and if it persists I'll think about a workaround. Putting the project on Github or sharing it as a python script could be the solution.

Lydky

It seems that we can still access from here: http://web.archive.org/web/20160322200211/http://albertnis.com/php/darkmod/index.html

Unfortunately for me, the color picker isn't visible anymore and I don't understand how it works.
I'm just looking for a blue like the one on page 1 of this thread but "3d78a5" (the default value on the archive site) is a lot different, more turquoise.
Do you remember the color shade of your "default" blue? It would be very helpful.