Author Topic: DarkMOD for MusicBee  (Read 47398 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I don't know what might have gone wrong but in my MB3 it looks just like the default MB3 skin!

EDIT: Moreover, my tabs go down from the caption bar (where I always have them) to below caption bar automaticly.

That's a bit strange, I've just double checked and everything's still working for me with tabs in caption bar and below caption bar. Silly question, but did you definitely copy the file over and select the right skin? Otherwise, chuck up a screenshot.
Got the same problem :(

You don't have 'Skin Windows Borders' activated.
You can't have tabs in the caption bar unless you have that turned on.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

blidmink

It is generating some values that probably presents problems.

There are some spaces in rgb values, and it uses decimals for rgb values:

Highlight="218, 156, 0"
        Highlight-Trans-Light="236.5,205.5,127.5"
        Highlight-Trans-Dark="130.8,93.6,0"

Thanks for this, I'll get some rounding going and fix this up now, will let you know when the fixes are live.

blidmink

Wow, wonderful work you have done.
one issue though, dunno if it is a limitation of musicbee or not:

there is that black border on both side that look ugly.

Yes! I agree with you there; it is ugly and I'd love to get rid of it. Plus Windows 10 seems to add its own border outside that which is unfortunate. Unless MB3 has a trick hidden up its sleeve, I can't get around this easily as this area is defined as an image resource for the entire left or right border of the window. So either I make the entire left and right borders your highlight colour (may as well do the bottom border while I'm at it) or I change the border colour/image to the same gray as the rest of the window (which would still leave a little unsightly gap on the edges of the player). I might implement the gray change now actually, unless you think people would be keen for the highlighted border...
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:03:57 AM by blidmink

blidmink

Thanks for your input and feedback everyone. Version 1.0.5 of the theme is now live, just redownload the theme again at the same URL: http://albertnis.com/php/darkmod/index.html

Fixes:
- RGB values passed to the skin script and RGB values used in the theme no longer contain spaces.
- Colour values are now floored, avoiding all decimal places.

Hopefully this fixes the more serious appearance issues out there, I would love if someone could test it out and let me know either way! It's bizarre how I can't seem to replicate the issue on Windows 10 or Windows 7.

This evening (site time) I'll aim to do an update with gray (rather than black) borders. Heck, I could add it as an option on the page. Also I need to add some more icons for videos, bookmarks etc.  I'll see how I go.

HHM

It is the matter of clolours indeed - tried to generate the skin with some basic colours and it worked.

Another bug - the Playlist Manager icon is not from the DarkRED skin and it looks much different than the rest.

blidmink

It is the matter of clolours indeed - tried to generate the skin with some basic colours and it worked.

Another bug - the Playlist Manager icon is not from the DarkRED skin and it looks much different than the rest.

Sweet, thanks! Will add more icons soonish, though I couldn't find (or guess) the icon ID for the playlist manager one so I just hid it... Obviously not the best solution so I'll look through the forums and wiki to see of I can find the ID.

Steven

• Administrator

endeavour1934

Nice work! :D

You can use any of my new icons/settings from the new DarkRed3 if you want: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/DarkREDFlat3.xml (updated today)

blidmink

Nice work! :D

You can use any of my new icons/settings from the new DarkRed3 if you want: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/DarkREDFlat3.xml (updated today)

Many thanks, I think I'll take you up on that offer as they look bloody good!

blidmink

So copying over the new icons is done (will update site soon), out of interest is it possible to skin the highlighted elements in this screenshot?

Steven

• Administrator
i have added "ConsolidateButtonsIcon" for the next MB3 update
it will be automatically recoloured to the same colour as the existing icon

blidmink

Version 1.0.6 of the theme is now live, just redownload the theme again at the same URL: http://albertnis.com/php/darkmod/index.html

Changes:
- More complete icon set, from Endeavour1934's latest DarkRED 3 theme.
- Window border is now grey rather than black. While not ideal (ie no border) this is slightly less obtrusive than black.
- Updated webpage with current version, MB3 download link and skin forum link.
- Webpage updates preview colour on load.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:11:36 AM by blidmink

HHM

Thx a lot, now it works perfectly!

Here are my suggestions for future improvements:

1. Track information panel in Now Playing tab is now still in purple/plum color from the default skin. I guess it would look much nicer if it was coloured as well.
2. Progress bar could be coloured with the tones of the header bar as well (instead of being black & white)

Here's the mockup: