Author Topic: Musicbee 3: Thank you  (Read 2561 times)

Anti

Just a quick thank you to Steven and all the users who have committed time, thought and effort into MB3.
I was a little worried that I would have to stay with v2.5 with all the impending GUI changes, but MB3 is looking great so far.

Awesome job Steven. The best music player stays on top!

punkid

Thank you very much indeed. The new panel customizing thingy is much better and easier than the old implementation.

btw, i couldn't find a way to bring the now playing panel with controls to the sidebar, like it was possible with v2.5 . Am i missing something or has it been removed?

fkm

Absolutely love Musicbee. By far the best piece of music software I've ever used! The ability to customise is remarkable.

Having said that, when I saw the initial 3.0 mock ups, some of the designs looked amazing. However, the current release seems largely similar to 2.5 in terms of the overall look. Nor a bad thing per say but I was kind of expecting a significant gui redesign as per the mockups and how Steven said it was a complete redesign of the user interface. Seems to me to be pretty much the same with a little more modularity in the new layout settings. Am I missing something here?

Steven

• Administrator
thanks Anti, it helps a lot to have this encouragement when there has been/will be negativitely from some people

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Absolutely love Musicbee. By far the best piece of music software I've ever used! The ability to customise is remarkable.

Having said that, when I saw the initial 3.0 mock ups, some of the designs looked amazing. However, the current release seems largely similar to 2.5 in terms of the overall look. Nor a bad thing per say but I was kind of expecting a significant gui redesign as per the mockups and how Steven said it was a complete redesign of the user interface. Seems to me to be pretty much the same with a little more modularity in the new layout settings. Am I missing something here?

Try it with this skin: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
@fkm, if you are going to diss MB, as least have the courtesy and thought to not do it on a thread thanking everyone for the efforts with MB3

fkm

@fkm, if you are going to diss MB, as least have the courtesy and thought to not do it on a thread thanking everyone for the efforts with MB3
[/quot

Dissing MB? Started by stating I love the software and how I believe its clearly the best out there for music playback!

There was simply one post in this thread expressing thanks for the development of MB3 when I posted and I was genuinely wondering what the changes were compared to the concepts I saw a while back. Apologies if my post was perceived as overtly negative. I now see the other thread on GUI changes and should have posted there.

Certainly I appreciate the efforts by both yourself and others who have committed their time in developing this fantastic piece of software!