Author Topic: Unable to start MB3  (Read 3160 times)

settra

hey! is there a downloadable version that supports touch scrolling in artist view?? (i downloaded the above link but it doesent have something )
thanks!
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:46:41 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
hey! is there a downloadable version that supports touch scrolling in artist view?? (i downloaded the above link but it doesent have something )
thanks!
MB3 supports touch scrolling. Are you sure you downloaded the link in the first post and ran MusicBee3.exe

settra

thanks! but for some reason, i cant seem to be able to run musicbee3.exe
when i double click it, nothing really happens.

the program IS running, becouse if i try to move/delete the musicbee3.exe it says "its being used by the system" , but no windows show up whatsoever..

any idea?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

the program IS running, becouse if i try to move/delete the musicbee3.exe it says "its being used by the system" , but no windows show up whatsoever..

any idea?

Did you copy it and all the files into your MB installation directory?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

settra

yes! 3 files in total, right? (and the skins folder)

Alumni

any idea?

It might be security related - try right clicking the executable (MusicBee3.exe) and tick the checkbox that says "unblock".

settra

i dont know. when right clcked, it dosent have any "unblock" options.  the musicbee3.exe, should be in the same folder as the musicbee.exe , correct??

weird thing is, that even though it dosent show up in the "detalis" in task manager,
it still dosnet allow me to delete the executable... (wich means it is being used by something)

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds like your security software is blocking MB - Avast seems to cause many problems. If you are using that. then add MB as an exception

settra

cool! i AM usining avast. will get on my PC tommorow and post results! thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
It might be security related - try right clicking the executable (MusicBee3.exe) and tick the checkbox that says "unblock".
And in case Avast isn't the reason, go back to the above and when right-clicking on the exe, select properties and then unblock. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here