Author Topic: Sound quality compared to WMP  (Read 6818 times)

Skoop

Doesn't turning off that setting disallow MB from taking exclusive control?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
the pc will not play two sound outputs at the same time

Doesn't turning off that setting disallow MB from taking exclusive control?

Yes, but that's what the OP is trying to achieve.
MB playing and still have system sounds as well.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Harriers9

No I'm not trying to achieve that. It was just a side effect that I noticed.

My aim was to get the sound levels correct in MB compared to WMP. I have now done that by altering that setting and it all works well now thankfully because Windows Media Player is a piece of S$&t visually/useability compared to Music Bee.

TigerTail

I realize this is a relatively old thread I'm replying to, but I'm using MB version 3.5.8447 (most current version) on a Windows 10 OS on a Dell AIO desktop and I just noticed a similar issue of extremely worse sound quality in WMP than MB. It started with one song having noticeably muddled mid-ranges and well, everything but the vocals. I thought it was somehow a result of being a 128 bit rate file instead of .FLAC until I played another song back and forth in WMP and then MB and then more. This is not a minor difference. The total sound quality is night and day with the former sounding like a concert hall while MB sounds tinny,  has muddled almost indistinguishable instruments, "flat" bass as when hitting the edge of a drum vs. the center, and lower overall volume. The vocals sound like they're coming through a washcloth in MB vs sounding crisp and full-bodied in WMP. I don't recall this issue being the case until a day or two ago. Differences: I did set the equalizer in MB, and have since tried resetting it, but it made no difference.

hiccup

Besides in this thread, this subject has been discussed in many other threads. (do a forum search for it, best use google:  site:getmusicbee.com/forum/... )
It is always a matter of settings, either in MusicBee, or in Windows or 3rd party plugins or drivers.

And maybe use the [Enter] key sometimes?
Your wall of text is difficult and unpleasant to read.

TigerTail

Undid changes to my EQ and that seems to have resolved the issue so far. While I know how to do advanced Google searches, your recommendation brings up posts as far back as2013 that necessarily including older versions of MB, so that seems a bit circuitous. Perhaps moderatos can recommend a more efficient way of categorizing responses.  (Note: Not sure what screen you're reading from, but my "wall" of text looks like a pretty standard 7-line paragraph on my desktop.) Thanks for the reply.