Author Topic: Auto-organization exceptions not working?  (Read 1442 times)

tranceFusion

I'm unable to get the library auto-organization exceptions to work.

Ideally I would like to exclude a specific folder of my drive from auto-organization (or only auto-organize a specific folder, either way). I have a lot of live music that I would like to leave organized differently than my official releases/studio albums, but include both in the library.

I've tried messing around with the exceptions for Path, filename, and also tried setting up exceptions based on Genre and Artist, and none of these seem to work. They aren't reflected in the preview pane and if I click Proceed they are processed based on the drive's pattern, not the exception.  I'm not sure leaving the file name pattern empty should skip the file, but I tried reversing the track and title and there still seems to be no change in the preview pane.

Am I doing something wrong here or does this feature just not work?
http://i.imgur.com/VODn3no.png

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

In my experience, path is a funky field to make rules for. I've had the most luck using "path contains". Does that make any difference for you?

Also, it looks like you're moving everything into V:Music, which will break your rule anyway
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tranceFusion

I see what you are saying, that the exception seems to be only for the pattern part of the rule and not for the moving part of the rule, and Path is probably the post-move path. I guess there's no way to auto-organize only a specific folder rather than an entire drive?

Given that, I still don't think the exceptions are working properly. Here's another screenshot where I can't get the exception pattern reflected properly.. It doesn't seem to matter what I try, I can't get the exception to be respected. I've tried using genre and various other tags.

http://i.imgur.com/Kc2XWZy.png

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I know exceptions work because I use several. But I'm stumped right now as to why yours isn't working. If no one else has figured it out before then, I'll take another look tonight when I'm at my own computer
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tranceFusion

No worries, I was really only interested in excluded folders from the organization, so I will probably organize the library manually since that doesn't seem possible.

Thanks so much for your response and time!